RR Roker Roundup: Dylan McGeouch opens up on his Sunderland future - could he leave this summer?

RTG

Robot
Staff member
“It is disappointing that I have not played as much as I would have liked but it is something I will look at over the summer, see where my future is at and take it from there really”, says Sunderland midfielder Dylan McGeouch. McGeouch discusses disappointing season Speaking to The Herald in Scotland, Dylan McGeouch opened up about his time on...

More at Roker Report...

Weren’t you ITK on a potential move for the lad in the January window? Were we actively looking to peddle him then?

Just snippets I hear from a lad at work marra. Can't recall whether it was the club or the player himself looking to initiate the move.

The manager is f***ing clueless not starting this lad in front of Clattermole

Emperor's New Clothes is McGeouch imo.

He and Morgan are just proof of how p*ss poor Scottish football really is.

Top players up there who simply aren't even league one standard.

He says he thinks he can still help us be a success: aye, you can lad, by f*cking off and letting us buy better players instead of you.

He says he thinks he can still help us be a success: aye, you can lad, by f*cking off and letting us buy better players instead of you.

You say that but my recollection is that John McGinn was our initial target and he's had a cracking season for Villa and probably will start for them next season in the PL.

You say that but my recollection is that John McGinn was our initial target and he's had a cracking season for Villa and probably will start for them next season in the PL.

Which is precisely why I'll be tipping them to go straight back down.

Are there currently and Scottish players in the Premier League? Can't think of any and that has to be a first.

Edit. Apart from Robertson, obviously. :oops:

Last edited:
Which is precisely why I'll be tipping them to go straight back down.

Are there currently and Scottish players in the Premier League? Can't think of any and that has to be a first.
andy roberston is playing the champions league final tomorrow night for liverpool...
.....ryan fraser at bournoemouth is a top premier league player...

We still looked a better team with him in it. Scandalous that he wasn't played more when fit.

Last edited:
I like him but he seems to lack belief.

We also get on his back for passing it to another red and white shirt to the side of him instead of crunching it forward to nobody in particular

Is this philosophy not why our attacks are so ponderous though. The easiest thing in the world is to pass sideways and backwards when there are no opposition players to get in the way. Much more difficult to find the run of your striker with an incisive pass. He gets plaudits on here for doing the easy stuff when essentially he's abrogating responsibility for starting moves to someone else. He makes Jack Colback look like Frank Lampard.

Back