RR Roker Roundup: Bryan Oviedo confirms that his Sunderland career is set to end

RTG

Robot
Staff member
Your daily reminder of Sunderland news! Bryan Oviedo has been speaking about his future and has confirmed that he has reached an agreement with Sunderland that will see him depart the club. Oviedo set to depart Bryan Oviedo’s Sunderland career is all but over, with a move to Belgian side Club Brugge looking likely. There was a report in the...

More at Roker Report...

It's a shame, I'm not convinced that Hume's quite up to it. If Hume picks up an injury, who replaces him?

Surely if Oviedo's going we'll be after another left back - we can't play 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1 or whatever you want to call it with only one left wing back in the squad. Hopefully anyway, Hume may be a good prospect but I'm not sure he's good enough to play such an important role in a title-winning side.

Why has it taken until the end of July? He could have been released the day after the play-off final, found himself a club and be integrated into their plans for the start of the coming season.

Sounds to me like another one who’s walking away with bags of cash, and will get even more bags of cash when he signs for another team. Looks like we’ve accepted defeat on this one and had our pants down. Can’t win them all I suppose.

Surely if Oviedo's going we'll be after another left back - we can't play 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1 or whatever you want to call it with only one left wing back in the squad. Hopefully anyway, Hume may be a good prospect but I'm not sure he's good enough to play such an important role in a title-winning side.
Desperate for a left wing back and maybe even a right one. This system places such emphasis on wing backs and we have 1 in the whole squad ffs

Sounds to me like another one who’s walking away with bags of cash, and will get even more bags of cash when he signs for another team. Looks like we’ve accepted defeat on this one and had our pants down. Can’t win them all I suppose.

I reckon it's just accepting we won't get a fee and mutually terminating the contract. He's been paid an extra couple of months wages which will be north of £200k since the transfer window opened so maybe that's the compromise.

Can not say I am convinced our team is stronger than last season... should be enough given the right manager though...

Why has it taken until the end of July? He could have been released the day after the play-off final, found himself a club and be integrated into their plans for the start of the coming season.
The player runs down the contract less remaining to negotiate a settlement & Sunderland gets him off the books before the FFP rules start at the beginning of the season plus we used to have year end of July on our financial books I think it was moved to end of March...

to be fair to the lad he has always given everything when asked to play, and he didn't sulk like some twats we could mention, hope he gets a decent club, least he has shown more passion than Grigg seems to

Because these things take time. Everyone goes on holiday, then there's waiting to see if we can get a fee for him, then negotiation.

The player runs down the contract less remaining to negotiate a settlement & Sunderland gets him off the books before the FFP rules start at the beginning of the season plus we used to have year end of July on our financial books I think it was moved to end of March...
Thought it didn’t work like that, catts etc will still be counted in the ffp?.

Now we'll see how much his wage was holding us back in the transfer market?

Back