Roker Riviera

Fair enough, I’ve been about 30 times and it’s been crap only once that I can remember, the rest of my visits it has been excellent.

So you rate a Chinese you’ve never been to better than Fat Buddha.

An Italian is an Italian but you’ve never been to Romano’s.

Goa is crap but gets the same score on TripAdvisor ad Ashoka.

You’re not right mate, you’re full of wind and piss, have a goodnight.
I’ve never used tripadvisor for recently for any comparison mate, it’s full of fake reviews and scores are manipulated. I’ve used it in the past when going to cities I’m not sure of and have regularly been disappointed with some top rated places.

I get it you’re a fan on SR6 and it’s restaurants, that’s fine mate, it’s all down to personal taste, but if you rate fat Buddha for food, then that to me says it all.

Last edited:

I’ve never used tripadvisor for recently for any comparison mate, it’s full of fake reviews and scores are manipulated. I’ve used it in the past when going to cities I’m not sure of and have regularly been disappointed with some top rated places.

I get it you’re a fan on SR6 and it’s restaurants, that’s fine mate, it’s all down to personal taste, but if you rate fat Buddha for food, then that to me says it all.

I went once , poor overpriced food and crap service and that was when it only been opened a few months , vote with your feet not trip advisor.

@Wilfy and the likes that live in Seaburn/Roker remind me of Geordies banging on about their airport, as if it’s theres exclusively and somehow their’s only to use! :rolleyes:

Clearly feel the need to praise their area and big it up constantly to justify their existence there.

It’s about 5 minutes in a car for everyone in Sunderland to use the daft twats.

Make no mistake, the coastline in this city is superb, and a massive asset to the city...but weekends like this one are few and far between. It’s not that good during cold or rainy days, in fact it’s pretty f***ing grim by all accounts!

We don’t need to sell it make and try and justify why we live there.
Sr6 and Sr7 are two great options for bait these days ,the nice weather helps too .After living all my days on the coast never feel the urge to head there .Prefer to head inland .

I think we all know the town is the best place for bait. And if your lucky enough to live within walking distance that’s even better.
I think Sunderland in recent years has improved dramatically overall, there’s lads I know now travelling into Sunderland for bait from Washington and Shields when in the past they’d have headed towards Newcastle.

Brought a bunch of lads through from work a little while back, and all were very impressed with the food at Spice Empire, which I rate highly.

Just thinking about @Gala ’s argument about Italians over sr6, and totally forgot about Bellini’s which served cracking food and the service was spot on, used to be a regular with the bairns a while back.

Last edited:
Aye mate, the Moti Raj seems to be a destination for many and they walk past this one. Give it a bash mate, you’ll not be disappointed imo.
I’ve been a few times mate ,was impressed at first then I had one curry that had that powder taste to it so have been put off a little .

I’ve been a few times mate ,was impressed at first then I had one curry that had that powder taste to it so have been put off a little .
Like most places, one bad experience puts you off, even at the nice places. I’ve dropped places because of one bad meal, even when I was a regular.

Used to get my take away from Spice Empire for a while too, luckily never had a bad one there.

The two compliment each other
Most people drive or you can bus along
Shields has all the fair stuff but less of an open aspect to the sea and beaches
Just needs the smartening up to continue

Little kids like fairs ,older ones just knock about there
Us older people think we need leisure centres and fairs
Unfortunately today's kids aren't that fussed ,times a changing
I honestly think kids would still use a decent leisure centre mind. I’m sick of driving to shields or wet n wild to drop the lad off with his mates. Also look at how popular that ice rink was at Christmas. I took my 2, 4 or 5 times and it was jam packed with teens every time. They’re crying out for a crowtree in its prime, not the neglected clip it was in the few years before its demise.

Toscas for Italian
Asiana for a Chinese
Where would you say for an Indians in the centre ?
Motiraj if it’s still open.
Normally eat before a drink nowadays so normally just go to Angelos.
To be fair. It’s hard to find consistency these days and I think it’s due to the fact that you can get a half decent meal in most pubs if it’s just a nosebag and drink. If it’s a special occasion we will always head to jesmond. Not because I think it’s better it’s just feels more like an occasion going further afield.
I used to live off sea road mate and tbh I liked it over there. But by the same token I loved the eagle and pennywell club.

Goa was the most over rated place I’ve ever been in, and in my opinion both Ashoka and Sagar pissed on it.

Italians are Italians, all pretty much standard and for that Martino’s would suffice.

Fat Buddha is all fur coat and no knickers, the food is poor, and although I’ve never been I’ve heard nothing but very good reviews of Ozone at Seaham Hall for your Asian fix in Seaham.

And for my Friday Eggs Benedict, Salthouse Kitchen is decent, but is pipped at the post by The Lamp Room I’m afraid.

Then you have Clean Bean, excellent, Port of Call which knock out good bait and a hidden gem of a burger bar down the marina called Bulan Burger Joint.

I know the lad who owns clean bean, not seen him since i left school mind and that was 1988

Back