Roker Riviera

There is nowhere to wander out for a drink over the south side mind ,(bar the town which doesn’t count )all you have is bland franchises like the Barnes,hollymere and the like .

Weird tbh.

There is nowhere to wander out for a drink over the south side mind ,(bar the town which doesn’t count )all you have is bland franchises like the Barnes,hollymere and the like .

Weird tbh.
Board Inn, Stackyard and the stables, possibly the best boozer in Sunderland.

And don’t forget the No1 Boozer as voted for by the people of Sunderland for a number of years, The Dolphin.

Weird tbh.
Walked past the Board inn with the pooch half an hour ago. To say it's lively would be an understatement Adam mate.

Not really, closer to Seaham, much better bars and bait houses.
Ha’way then which bait houses are better in Seaham?

I’ve been to Ashoka and it’s very good, nowhere near as good as the Shagorika never mind Goa.

Is there an Italian as good as Romano’s?

Where is the Seaham equivalent of Fat Buddha?

Leaf, Bark and Berries is class but not as class as the Salthouse Kitchen.

Chill and grill is better than SR6 for that kind of food and the ice cream parlour is class but that’s your better bait houses summed up.

Ha’way then which bait houses are better in Seaham?

I’ve been to Ashoka and it’s very good, nowhere near as good as the Shagorika never mind Goa.

Is there an Italian as good as Romano’s?

Where is the Seaham equivalent of Fat Buddha?

Leaf, Bark and Berries is class but not as class as the Salthouse Kitchen.

Chill and grill is better than SR6 for that kind of food and the ice cream parlour is class but that’s your better bait houses summed up.
Goa was the most over rated place I’ve ever been in, and in my opinion both Ashoka and Sagar pissed on it.

Italians are Italians, all pretty much standard and for that Martino’s would suffice.

Fat Buddha is all fur coat and no knickers, the food is poor, and although I’ve never been I’ve heard nothing but very good reviews of Ozone at Seaham Hall for your Asian fix in Seaham.

And for my Friday Eggs Benedict, Salthouse Kitchen is decent, but is pipped at the post by The Lamp Room I’m afraid.

Then you have Clean Bean, excellent, Port of Call which knock out good bait and a hidden gem of a burger bar down the marina called Bulan Burger Joint.

Goa was the most over rated place I’ve ever been in, and in my opinion both Ashoka and Sagar pissed on it.

Italians are Italians, all pretty much standard and for that Martino’s would suffice.

Fat Buddha is all fur coat and no knickers, the food is poor, and although I’ve never been I’ve heard nothing but very good reviews of Ozone at Seaham Hall for your Asian fix in Seaham.

And for my Friday Eggs Benedict, Salthouse Kitchen is decent, but is pipped at the post by The Lamp Room I’m afraid.

Then you have Clean Bean, excellent, Port of Call which knock out good bait and a hidden gem of a burger bar down the marina called Bulan Burger Joint.
Lol.

Goa bang average, Romano’s Italian is Italian.

Lol.

Last edited:
Lol.

Goa bang average, Romano’s Italian is Italian.

Lol.

Goa is bang average, and you’re crammed in like sardines, certainly not as good as what many make out.

And you can’t really fuck up a bit pizza, pasta or a steak, all pretty standard gear.

But it’s all about opinions and personal taste, however in this case there is better in seaham and I’m right.

Goa is bang average, and you’re crammed in like sardines, certainly not as good as what many make out.

And you can’t really fuck up a bit pizza, pasta or a steak, all pretty standard gear.

But it’s all about opinions and personal taste, however in this case there is better in seaham and I’m right.
Romano’s don’t sell pizza mate.

Have to agree with Goa mind. Good but not great.
It’s all false hype ,drummed up on social media by bairns .last couple of times I’ve been in Goa I’ve had to send the curry back for being lame.The gadgie both times agreed it was crap and blamed the spices being off .
Shagorika is streets ahead .

Have to agree with Goa mind. Good but not great.
Fair enough, I’ve been about 30 times and it’s been crap only once that I can remember, the rest of my visits it has been excellent.

So you rate a Chinese you’ve never been to better than Fat Buddha.

An Italian is an Italian but you’ve never been to Romano’s.

Goa is crap but gets the same score on TripAdvisor ad Ashoka.

You’re not right mate, you’re full of wind and piss, have a goodnight.

Last edited:

Back