Roker Report ???

We aren’t above criticism like. And we do make some revenue from the pods which we save up and use for live shows, Christmas party for contributors etc.

If people want to say they think what we do is shite then fair enough, or if they don’t like it fair enough.
Must admit I didn't mean yourselves

@Cack Stottie

I respect you replying and standing up for yourself

But your comment that this place is "bonkers" is a bit baffling, its a board full of Sunderland fans full of different opinions, across the whole spectrum, to suggest that the fanszines is a true representaiton of the fans, and that everyone on here is just "bonkers" isnt true

There are a lot of fans saying the same thing against RR, I'd suggest that means that there is some truth behind it.

What is going on here, I presume they are suddenly working with CM again?

A flury of nonsense articles saying what a great appointment Johnson would be before his appointment?

Loads of supposed ITK takeover stories saying it would completed in days, even though it was weeks ago.

Since that ginger lad came back I presume

Good to see a "fanzine" acting independent....
Not as bad as TWR was.

I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of the fanzines or their podcasts, but I really don't see the problem with them looking for content that shows Johnson positively. Surely our whole fan base wants to learn more and have reasons to be hopeful? It would be ridiculous if they were slating the appointment before its even been made. Its guaranteed these days as well that a fanzine criticising the new manager appointment just leads to shit journalists putting those questions to the manager. It puts him under pressure from day 1.

They and RR were the first to jump into bed with Donald and Methven at the beginning of their tenure, of that ,there is no doubt. last Christmas when the both WMS and RR decided to stand back away from Donald and methven was in not because they had been used for some months to promote the owners agendas?
In fairness the owners manipulated a lot of people connected to SAFC.

Their initial plan to curry favour with supporters was to put out their propaganda via fan networks rather than the mainstream local and national media.

You even had ALS putting out t-shirts with SunDELLand on as they were tipped off that the deal was as good as done with FPP.

They told the fans what they wanted to hear to the extent an incredible 46k turned out for a Boxing Day game against Bradford despite it being not long after two hideous relegations into the third tier.
Methven in particular revelled on going into the city centre after home games and many fans treat him like royalty, buying him drinks and asking him for selfies.

Then he really let down our fan base after all this with his post play off final comments, the derogatory remarks about northerners being uneducated in business at the RAWA meeting etc., plus the comments on the video with the Asian interviewer where he stated a previous owner (presumably Bob Murray) had told him he got abuse when we were 7th in the Premiership which is a lie, something current non exec director Dave Jones picked up on his personal Twitter account when he directly referred to it being and said that Methven “does not speak for me”.

We had Stewart Donald visiting Janey’s dad when he was very ill which was brilliant, but later making comments about SAFC fans at a bus stop in rural Oxfordshire allegedly accosting his daughter, something that remains unproven.

Then we had Stewart allegedly telling Consett SAFCSA members that he didn’t know if FPP would still want him at the club if they took over, then later telling BBC Newcastle that FPP were primarily investing in him rather than SAFC.

They manipulated a lot of people in essence, but at the end of the day when Charlton Athletic scored that 94th minute winner in the play off final, their quick flip for personal profit hadn’t worked out and they became increasingly irritated as they seemingly had no Plan B for such an eventuality.
Let’s hope what they’ve got in store from this point is a lot more up front

Their initial plan to curry favour with supporters was to put out their propaganda via fan networks rather than the mainstream local and national media.

You even had ALS putting out t-shirts with SunDELLand on as they were tipped off that the deal was as good as done with FPP.

They told the fans what they wanted to hear to the extent an incredible 46k turned out for a Boxing Day game against Bradford despite it being not long after two hideous relegations into the third tier.
Methven in particular revelled on going into the city centre after home games and many fans treat him like royalty, buying him drinks and asking him for selfies.

Then he really let down our fan base after all this with his post play off final comments, the derogatory remarks about northerners being uneducated in business at the RAWA meeting etc., plus the comments on the video with the Asian interviewer where he stated a previous owner (presumably Bob Murray) had told him he got abuse when we were 7th in the Premiership which is a lie, something current non exec director Dave Jones picked up on his personal Twitter account when he directly referred to it being and said that Methven “does not speak for me”.

We had Stewart Donald visiting Janey’s dad when he was very ill which was brilliant, but later making comments about SAFC fans at a bus stop in rural Oxfordshire allegedly accosting his daughter, something that remains unproven.

Then we had Stewart allegedly telling Consett SAFCSA members that he didn’t know if FPP would still want him at the club if they took over, then later telling BBC Newcastle that FPP were primarily investing in him rather than SAFC.

They manipulated a lot of people in essence, but at the end of the day when Charlton Athletic scored that 94th minute winner in the play off final, their quick flip for personal profit hadn’t worked out and they became increasingly irritated as they seemingly had no Plan B for such an eventuality.
Great post marra

@Cack Stottie

I respect you replying and standing up for yourself

But your comment that this place is "bonkers" is a bit baffling, its a board full of Sunderland fans full of different opinions, across the whole spectrum, to suggest that the fanszines is a true representaiton of the fans, and that everyone on here is just "bonkers" isnt true

There are a lot of fans saying the same thing against RR, I'd suggest that means that there is some truth behind it.
ask him to say 100% hand on heart they haven’t been fed stuff this week

ask him to say 100% hand on heart they haven’t been fed stuff this week
What if they have a source at the club who isn't at boardroom level? Someone who gives them bits and pieces of info but doesn't ask them to put a gloss on it. That's how it often works and that seems to be what some of the ITKs have.

What if they have a source at the club who isn't at boardroom level? Someone who gives them bits and pieces of info but doesn't ask them to put a gloss on it. That's how it often works and that seems to be what some of the ITKs have.
They are speakin with too much authority and certainty for it not to be solid info from the top like. Most ITKs are full of it don’t forget and for bits together from others

We aren’t above criticism like. And we do make some revenue from the pods which we save up and use for live shows, Christmas party for contributors etc.

If people want to say they think what we do is shite then fair enough, or if they don’t like it fair enough.

Think your lot do a great job to be fair.

Do either of the two idiots get on here?

What is going on here, I presume they are suddenly working with CM again?

A flury of nonsense articles saying what a great appointment Johnson would be before his appointment?

Loads of supposed ITK takeover stories saying it would completed in days, even though it was weeks ago.

Since that ginger lad came back I presume

Good to see a "fanzine" acting independent....

You think they made up the Bristol City fan to say things about Johnson that is favourable?

Fanzines and journalists have sources that they trust. Doesn't need to come from the boardroom.
When your knocking out articles about an incoming director of football 30 seconds after he’s mentioned in public then you are sure. It’s comin from the top. Charlie or sloanes probably

When your knocking out articles about an incoming director of football 30 seconds after he’s mentioned in public then you are sure. It’s comin from the top. Charlie or sloanes probably
Or equally feasible is that they were tipped off by someone else and prepared an article.

Its incomprehensible that Methven would do it. That relationship is broken. Can't see why Sloanes would bother either.

Honestly, not sure why people are so pissed at them.

I like all of the fanzine type groups when they have interviews with people who used to be associated with the club. Don't have any time for them when they want to become the stars themselves by presenting their views on video/audio/print - get enough of fans' views on here and with my family and mates.

When all said and done, the moment which sealed their fate was selling Maja. Writing was on the wall after that.

Back