Roker Report ???

Really dont see what the issue is with a platform whose sole existence is to allow Sunderland fans to express their views, encourage debate, find published news and help push it, do podcasts and interviewd solely on the club which we all support.
What can be bad about any of that? Whether its RTG, WMs, ALS or RR? Whats the problem?
People don’t understand how the media works imo. They think if you’re angry as were shit the right thing to do when interviewing those in charge is to call them names and generally have a pop.
What they don’t realise is once you do that they won’t talk to you again! :lol:

You seem to know lots about how to run a fan outlet! But I’ll pass on taking your advice. Couldn’t be happier or prouder of the platform that it gives other supporters to air their views. Whether ten people or ten thousand people read what we do, I wouldn’t care at this stage. The purpose of RR is to give ordinary fans a platform, which I believe it does.
You lot get paid so makes it all a bit blurred for ppl what you represent I think mate
Have you ever devoured a stottie filled with cack?
Hard to take him seriously like innit when he runs a pro operation n calls himself cack

Last edited:
The owner probably doesn't even know what the score is from week to week never mind who's in the team ahead of kick off

Aye good point like. I enjoy WMS because the presenters are class and actually @GarethQ - who I presume is the one with the naturally cynical tone - actually seems to be the objective cynic and that's kinda what's needed from fan media

I’m a naturally miserable bastard but like many SAFC fans the optimism is always there.

Thanks for listening and appreciate the comments.

See my previous post mate. You're free to do what you want but you'd be much better off reducing the quantity of content and focusing of being an actual fanzine.

By having so many contributors it makes it only one step up from a place like this. A bunch of disparate people trying their best to make they voice heard.

You've never worked on a website, have you? Content is king, the more the better. That's a fact.

Not sure it could have been made any clearer really, but ANYONE is free to write about whatever they like on RR. We publish between 20-30 letters a week that we get just from readers, interact with more people than any other outlet on social media and encourage debate and other fans to give their view points and get involved. If some people don’t like what we do then that’s totally fine. My view though is that a fanzine/site should exist to provide fans of any club with an outlet to express their opinions without someone telling them what they can and can’t say.
I like a lot of your stuff and if I don’t like something I stop reading or listening to it. Whatever I think about an individual piece or podcast I appreciate the effort you all go to to produce free content.

People don’t understand how the media works imo. They think if you’re angry as were shit the right thing to do when interviewing those in charge is to call them names and generally have a pop.
What they don’t realise is once you do that they won’t talk to you again! :lol:

That should also work the other way around too.
Owners treat the media like tits the media turn and make it near impossible for them to return.

Since when has that been the point of a fanzine? Maybe at Liverpool a fanzine might struggle to find fault with way club being run. But Sunderland? What resounding evidence still being awaited that optimism is meaningful?
I tell you what Benji, get in touch with @Boo Boy his boyfriend Jim Branning does a fanzine, it’s shit but it’s probably your level.

Ps Fuck off

Not sure it could have been made any clearer really, but ANYONE is free to write about whatever they like on RR. We publish between 20-30 letters a week that we get just from readers, interact with more people than any other outlet on social media and encourage debate and other fans to give their view points and get involved. If some people don’t like what we do then that’s totally fine. My view though is that a fanzine/site should exist to provide fans of any club with an outlet to express their opinions without someone telling them what they can and can’t say.

As a fanzine editor have you met with club owners and if so whom & when?

Just thought I’d bump this thread with a link to our Christmas Fundraiser for the Sunderland Community Soup Kitchen. Thanks to the massive response, we have raised nearly ten grand in just over two days. We want to keep the ball rolling, so if you can donate, or even share the link, then please do!

Just thought I’d bump this thread with a link to our Christmas Fundraiser for the Sunderland Community Soup Kitchen. Thanks to the massive response, we have raised nearly ten grand in just over two days. We want to keep the ball rolling, so if you can donate, or even share the link, then please do!

great effort

Back