Roker Report

:lol: Jesus Christ, mate. It was a poor headline, nothing more. You're totally over exaggerating an insignificant remark in which I never once called anyone a liar. However, I'd still argue having a passport for a country doesn't qualify the player as assuredly dreaming of playing in that country. Did Thierry Henry dream of playing in Guadeloupe or Martinique? :lol:

You were questioning the honesty and integrity of Roker Report on the grounds that they stated that it was Michael Woud's dream to play in the Eredivisie. You had absolutely no idea whether this was correct or not, yet you still implied that it was inaccurate.

You were questioning the honesty and integrity of Roker Report on the grounds that they stated that it was Michael Woud's dream to play in the Eredivisie. You had absolutely no idea whether this was correct or not, yet you still implied that it was inaccurate.
There's nothing at all in the article that proves he has dreamed of playing there either, so I could flip your claim right on its head. Provide me a quote where he says he's always dreamed of playing in the Eredivisie and I'll hold my hands up. End of the day, I stated what I did and you can read into it what you please but I can assure you that you're jumping to the incorrect conclusion. You seem to be more upset about this than Andy, and it seems he was the author of the original piece. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing at all in the article that proves he has dreamed of playing there either, so I could flip your claim right on its head. Provide me a quote where he says he's always dreamed of playing in the Eredivisie and I'll hold my hands up. End of the day, I stated what I did and you can read into it what you please but I can assure you that you're jumping to the incorrect conclusion. You seem to be more upset about this than Andy, and it seems he was the author of the original piece. :lol:
If you read my posts, my point is not that Woud had a dream to play in the Eredivisie. Like you, I have no idea whether he did or he didn't. My point is that you questioned the honesty and integrity of RR for stating that this was his dream when you had absolutely no idea whether it is true or not.

I'm not upset in the slightest, I just find it a bit hypocritical that you find it unacceptable for RR to write something that may well be true yet you find it acceptable to publicly question the honesty of the author without knowing whether it true or not.

If you read my posts, my point is not that Woud had a dream to play in the Eredivisie. Like you, I have no idea whether he did or he didn't. My point is that you questioned the honesty and integrity of RR for stating that this was his dream when you had absolutely no idea whether it is true or not.

I'm not upset in the slightest, I just find it a bit hypocritical that you find it unacceptable for RR to write something that may well be true yet you find it acceptable to publicly question the honesty of the author without knowing whether it true or not.
Read my posts. I have claimed from the very start of this thread days ago that I believed it was just a poorly constructed headline. I honestly don't think RR have any idea if he had dreamed of playing there either, hence why I thought it wasn't a great title. I don't know where the evidence is that I questioned their integrity, like. I think you're just reading into it too deeply.

I'd wager it was just a poorly constructed title personally.
This was my follow up post, made on Thursday. I haven't called anyone a liar or questioned anyone's integrity once during this thread.

Read my posts. I have claimed from the very start of this thread days ago that I believed it was just a poorly constructed headline. I honestly don't think RR have any idea if he had dreamed of playing there either, hence why I thought it wasn't a great title. I don't know where the evidence is that I questioned their integrity, like. I think you're just reading into it too deeply.

This was my follow up post, made on Thursday. I haven't called anyone a liar or questioned anyone's integrity once during this thread.
Post #9 with the silly smiley.

Yeah, I still don't see that as an attack, like. There's no evidence either way as to what his dreams entail so I don't understand why you are questioning me but not questioning them? Until I see quotes I'm still going to stand by it being a poor headline.

There's not much more to be said here really. You obviously don't see it the same way as I do and that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion.

Tbf as poor a headline as it may be, it's a thousand times better than the Suns rotating click bait of 'you won't believe what Player Q did today' and 'Team X to sign BRILLIANT forward'

Tbf as poor a headline as it may be, it's a thousand times better than the Suns rotating click bait of 'you won't believe what Player Q did today' and 'Team X to sign BRILLIANT forward'
Not going to argue that one, genericus, lad.

Back