Roker Rapport Podcast: With Sunderland AFC owner Stewart Donald

It's not in our culture. On the continent fans like to get in early to the stadium because that's where the atmosphere starts. Over here the atmosphere starts in the pub and the walk up to the ground.
Maybd they could purchase a few pubs outside the ground and create a potential pub crawl leading up to the ground...people could get loyalty points that can be redeemed for pints!

Ask him if they are looking at re opening the Premier Concourse for next season, and if so will seats be made available on a priory basis there, e.g old ST holders with seats there 1st, ST holders 2nd etc?

and im criticising no one...you are.

while i agree with you that it shoyuld have happened..the reality is if they do this ST holders will whinge.

Not sure they would personally. I know some pay more but my season card works out at £13.50 a match. I'd be a bit miffed if non season card holders were getting in for a tenner or something, especially for a few games and especially when they are arguably the biggest games of the season. If, however, the club is simply trying to improve atmosphere and support, and they end up paying about the same as a season card for these last couple of home games (because as I say it's too late to do it for Coventry anyway) I don't see how anyone could really complain. You might be right mind, some will moan about anything, but I think all reasonable SCHs would be behind it

Ask him if they are looking at re opening the Premier Concourse for next season, and if so will seats be made available on a priory basis there, e.g old ST holders with seats there 1st, ST holders 2nd etc?

Pretty sure we know the answer to that already. They've always said it would be reopened based on demand, so they won't decide until they see season card sales. If they are a decent number up on last season it would make sense to open it, otherwise it probably wouldn't. He's also said previously that if they do reopen it, those who had seats there previously would be given first refusal, so if you've already renewed somewhere else they'd move you back up should you wish

Last edited:
It's that time again - we're sitting down this weekend with Sunderland AFC owner Stewart Donald for the first time since February for another in-depth and exclusive episode of the Roker Rapport Podcast.

As always, I want to canvass as many supporters as possible in order to ensure we cover off all the things people want us to cover off. All questions we put to Stewart will have been submitted by readers, listeners, social media followers and folk off here.

So please, reply to this thread with anything you feel is worth asking and we'll try and squeeze as much as we possibly can into the show.

Cheers!
Ask him if he can sort it out so the music is louder when the players enter the field during this May's Play On The Pitch at the SOL. Current run-out music will be fine.

Thank you please.

Not sure they would personally. I know some pay more but my season card works out at £13.50 a match. I'd be a bit miffed if non season card holders were getting in for a tenner or something, especially for a few games and especially when they are arguably the biggest games of the season. If, however, the club is simply trying to improve atmosphere and support, and they end up paying about the same as a season card for these last couple of home games (because as I say it's too late to do it for Coventry anyway) I don't see how anyone could really complain. You might be right mind, some will moan about anything, but I think all reasonable SCHs would be behind it

Pretty sure we know the answer to that already. They've always said it would be reopened based on demand, so they won't decide until they see season card sales. If they are a decent number up on last season it would make sense to open it, otherwise it probably wouldn't. He's also said previously that if they do reopen it, those who had seats there previously would be given first refusal, so if you've already renewed somewhere else they'd move you back up should you wish

It's much better with it shut for now. Most big clubs do this when they drop down the leagues but everyone here gans on and on about it. Maked news in the papers and that and gives others a chance to gan on and on about it. Look at the state of grounds like Sheff Wed who don't offer any sort of arrangements to get fans together.

Some people

Last edited:
In the concourse during the match they have a live feed of the game, with commentary and the score. Why can’t this exact same feed be used for SAFsee (which is rubbish).

Maybd they could purchase a few pubs outside the ground and create a potential pub crawl leading up to the ground...people could get loyalty points that can be redeemed for pints!
The teepee things in the fanzone came about after a suggestion from a certain supporter, not long after they had taken over ;) so they do listen!
Pub crawl may be pushing it a bit mind :lol:

My question is

The two scenarios for next season are league 1 or championship

If we stay in league one, what investment will be made to add to the current squad to make sure we sign the missing players we need to secure promotion at the second time of asking. We lack a quality proven goalscorer based on Wyke and Griggs return. Centre halves who can pass
And strong tall powerhouse midfielders

Championship

We want to ideally finish mid table and have a great season next season. This would require a certain investment or do you want to really go for it and invest heavily and try a double promotion with a massive squad over hall

Finally. Can you clarify player of the season aiden mcgeadys contract situation
McGeady has a year left on his contract.

Are the club opening the ground up for volunteers to paint/clean/jet wash the ground in the summer like the seat change?

The back of the lower bowl is horrendous, plenty would turn up and do their bit again and it would save money.

Are there any plans to rename any more stands?

Is the catering contract due to expire this summer? Any plans for improvements?

Is black cat house still going to be changed to a club shop as mentioned on a previous podcast?

Why do the cat mascots disappear after kick off ?
At other grounds their large comic characters wander around throughout the game and get involved.
Wor's are away for a lie down or something. ..

Back