Roker Rapport Podcast: With Sunderland AFC owner Stewart Donald

and thats whats awful..harking back to a period pre war...i mean yes safc were above averagaly successful then, but what value does that have now? the team stank out the leagues it played in for eleven years...recently, why is the pore war thing that no one living can remember more significant than the last eleven years-in the minds of people alive today-taht you need to engage with. SAFC have got aboive average potential, but the only way it can maximise that is to drop the daft sense of entitlement that comes from winning things eons ago...

There’s no entitlement

I just don’t want my stadium name changed

Hope this helps

And we didn’t stink up the league

Really poor post. Log off

Can you ask about further ideas to improve the atmosphere by looking into how it's done in e.g. Germany with 'orchestrators' leading the singing, drums, safe standing and applying this to the SSOL?

Really looking forward to this today. We record this morning. Thanks for all your support and your questions - hopefully we can cover off as much as possible in the time we have.
I think you should make a joke about Ellis short buying a Walsall ticket

One last thought of a question to ask him, which really bugs me, why do the players still warm up and start the match at the away end? It has never made sense

Really looking forward to this today. We record this morning. Thanks for all your support and your questions - hopefully we can cover off as much as possible in the time we have.

Ask him about American Express bud. It pisses me off that I can’t use my Amex card, and collect air miles, when buying three season cards

do you have a stadium now as well? is it as good as the one stewart has-he has to put his hand in his pocket every week to keep his one open-do you have to do that with the stadium you have?

:lol: you go on like he is doing it for a charity, he is gonna make a shit load of money when he eventually sells us

Embarrassing, look at the 3 who liked the post says it all, 3 people who would do anything to disagree with me, even if they don't agree with it themselves :lol:

I think this is just about the worst post you have done, so now we have to thank the owner for keeping the stadium open? Even though he got the absolute deal of the century, I am sure you were thanking Short when he did it too, oh yeah, you didn't know anything about Sunderland then because you aren't a Sunderland fan are you.

It was for the season before he came wasn't it?

Nope.

Last edited:
Just read roker report update of the podcast, more reasonable comments and says any name change will be put to the fans, good to hear, don't agree with the idea still but I guess at least if they are putting it to the fans then fair enough.

Any name has to have SOL in for me though as a minimum.

During his latest appearance on the Roker Rapport Podcast, Sunderland owner Stewart Donald gave detailed updates on the sale of the SOL naming rights, our latest kit deal and whether the club’s badge will be changed. The newest edition of the Roker Rapport podcast will be available soon, and today’s episode features the return of Sunderland owner...

More at Roker Report...

Back