Roker Rapport Podcast: With Phil Bardsley - submit your questions

He had his uses. There was one derby when Cabaye was coming the hard man trying to throw his weight around and making his mouth go. Then he tried it near Bardsley who basically just laughed at him and all of a sudden he came over all quiet.

Haway man

One of our most successful Players in a good period for the club and this is all we can ask?

What about winning the pen at the mags, getting us to wembley, the winner against man city etc

Di Canio was scum marra

Great day that, crowd went fuckin mental

The bit about di canio is not true!!!

Why do people forget this. They were allowed to go out to celebrate us staying up as Wigan lost at arsenal!

I’d say yes seeing as he’s still in the top flight about 5 years after leaving us and we’re in league one
I'm no Di Canio fan but he specifically said he didn't want players going out midweek to celebrate it as staying up wasn't an achievement. Dont know if he said differently privately but he definitely said that in the press

I'm no Di Canio fan but he specifically said he didn't want players going out midweek to celebrate it as staying up wasn't an achievement. Dont know if he said differently privately but he definitely said that in the press

They were all out for a meal like drinking, was arranged, they might have gone a bit far, but who cares

And staying up in the premier league is a good achievement, its bloody hard and everyone goes down eventually, look at Swansea, Soton, Stoke, clubs we were told were the model way to run things

Our Graham had the pleasure of a chat with former Sunderland fullback, and current Burnley man, Phil Bardsley! Talking his career at Sunderland, his relationship with certain managers, his favourite memories of his time here, and much more. Get stuck In! You can listen for free...

More at Roker Report...

'' what the ££££ happened in the 5-1 defeat at NUFC ? On paper we had the team to do well there but we folded - why ? Is it true that Nolan and Barton were psyching our players out in the tunnel'' ??

Just listened to this, thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd mentioned that I hoped they'd mention the bad as well as the good and they did. Still think he was out of order with his instagram post but fair play to him for explaining it as best as he could. He came across genuinely passionate, unlike some he didn't sound media trained at all, just gave honest answers without ducking any questions and gave a good insight into the club under several managers.

That's definitely the most I've enjoyed any of the ex player podcasts, the negative bits of his time here had slightly affected my opinion of a player who I liked at the time and who gave me one of my best memories supporting SAFC so I'm glad he came on, explained stuff, sounded as buzzing about beating the mags and about getting to Wembley as I was. He came across really well, has gone right back up in my estimations (not that he was too low to begin with like but still), and the lads at Roker Report have done a cracking job there imo, open, honest interviews like that which mention the bits that an SAFC.com type interview would dodge are exactly what I want from a fans site, I'd recommend everyone to give it a listen

Just listened to this, thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd mentioned that I hoped they'd mention the bad as well as the good and they did. Still think he was out of order with his instagram post but fair play to him for explaining it as best as he could. He came across genuinely passionate, unlike some he didn't sound media trained at all, just gave honest answers without ducking any questions and gave a good insight into the club under several managers.

That's definitely the most I've enjoyed any of the ex player podcasts, the negative bits of his time here had slightly affected my opinion of a player who I liked at the time and who gave me one of my best memories supporting SAFC so I'm glad he came on, explained stuff, sounded as buzzing about beating the mags and about getting to Wembley as I was. He came across really well, has gone right back up in my estimations (not that he was too low to begin with like but still), and the lads at Roker Report have done a cracking job there imo, open, honest interviews like that which mention the bits that an SAFC.com type interview would dodge are exactly what I want from a fans site, I'd recommend everyone to give it a listen

Praise indeed. Cheers fella!

Agree with all of this, especially the Instagram bit. His explanation didn't wash with me.

I've only just started listening to the Roker Rapport podcasts and I've been really impressed with the work they do and the fact they manage to attract these ex players etc onto the podcast - gives fans a really good insight.

Normally you would expect the ex players to be ones still linked with the area etc but they have had a good and wide range of ex players on.

Would love to see Quinny on or Reidy (particularly in giving them a right of response to the Murray interview).

Back