Roker Rapport Podcast: With Phil Bardsley - submit your questions

I wouldn't say its all we can ask but you would hope that a fans podcast would ask everything the fans want to know about, even if it's a bit of an awkward question or one he might not want to answer. If I want a glowing chat about how much he loved the fans then I'd expect to see it on the club's official website.

I liked Bardsley, and he gave me that moment at Old Trafford which has to be the most mental I've ever gone at a game. For that memory alone I wouldn't think badly of him, but I think the fans would like to hear about the Fulham thing, and various other bad times. Obviously it'd be mixed in with a lot of positive stuff, accurately reflecting his time here; overall positive, lots of good memories, but a few things he might want to set the record straight on. Do that, and get the balance right, and I'll be very impressed with Roker Report, a lot more so than if they just gloss over it all

I think that’s fair and a good post

Can’t argue with that

really :lol: he was shite

not a regular though. he can't get in a burnley side that has matt lowton at right back

He’s like 33 now

He was clearly a good player for us. It’s not really up for debate

Surely we're entitled to ask the difficult questions too?

Yep true mate

I was more making the point that people dislike and say he was shite, he was key to. Successful period for us

We were 45 mind from winning a cup and he’d be a key reason why for example

We had some mid table success in the top flight, the only other time we’ve done that since the 50s is Reid consistently

Surprised at most of these comments. :neutral:

We’ve still got some idiot fans mate

Give it a year they’ll be back on Honeyman’s Case and slagging off Maguire

It’s like cattermole, on here he seems to get criticized a lot, but at the actual game nobody gets bigger cheers or more chants

Phil -

Why did your performances only become average when you were due a new contract and then dipped once you'd got it ?

Well that’s a lie for starters

Who ware the main culptits involved in the infamous drinking culture within the club in your time?

Ffs man

It’s like idiot bingo on here tonight

That's more to do with our recruitment and demise. It doesn't mean he was that good - he wasn't replaced properly.

I'm better than Billy Jones

He was a good right back, easily good enough

Last edited:
Of all the players why on earth would you dislike Bardsley

He was one of the better signings we made

I just don’t get it

He seems to get more stick by some than chimbonda ffs

Crazy.
Loads of absolute duck eggs have had less stick.
Must be his attitude ? Have never met the bloke so cant comment.
For some reason I thought Rico would have been an asshole but on RR he came over really well and seemed to love his time here.

We're chatting tomorrow with Phil Bardsley about his time at Sunderland and, as per, I'm opening up the floor to you lot on here to put forward your own questions that you'd like us to ask him!

Please reply and we'll try and fit in as many as we possibly can.
You knar my question

Didn't hide, played with guts and knew how to defend - would be interested to know how many times he cleared off the line. He scored some important goals though had a tendency to the "across the halfway line nosebleed". Was disappointed when he left but understand why. He played through some difficult times and I would be interested to know which of his managers at Sunderland he thought had the best ideas or most potential.

Didn't hide, played with guts and knew how to defend - would be interested to know how many times he cleared off the line. He scored some important goals though had a tendency to the "across the halfway line nosebleed". Was disappointed when he left but understand why. He played through some difficult times and I would be interested to know which of his managers at Sunderland he thought had the best ideas or most potential.

Once.

Players are not fans. Bardsley laughing at the Fulham defeat was him laughing at the f***ing dickhead manager, not the team or the fans. Why is that so difficult to understand?

He was 100% when he played for us. As previously said we've never replaced him.

Best right back since Makin

Aye Di Canio was definitely into following players on instagram/twitter.

Back