Roker Park floodlights

Sunglasses Ronnie

Goalkeeper
Did Roker Park have the tallest floodlights in the league?
Just wondering cos I heard a mag song where they're taking the urine but when they sang that bit I sensed a bit of jealousy.
If anyone knows it, it's the 1 where the taking the piss 'Sunderland is a massive club'. You get your Hot dog sausage in a burger bun, you get a season ticket with your happy meal etc then it was, 'you got the tallest floodlights in the league'

HTL

Just wondering cos I heard a mag song where they're taking the urine but when they sang that bit I sensed a bit of jealousy.
If anyone knows it, it's the 1 where the taking the piss 'Sunderland is a massive club'. You get your Hot dog sausage in a burger bun, you get a season ticket with your happy meal etc then it was, 'you got the tallest floodlights in the league'

HTL
Spend £30 in Sports Direct and get two match tickets.

HTL
Mag

HTL

no idea but they were the best floodlights in the land. Like giant buddhas protecting a temple, drawing you into your fortnightly pilgrimage to pay homage to the lads

Excuse me sunshine (I've been waiting for this reply) I live 20 minutes walk to the Stadium of Light, I've had a season ticket in the Fulwell at Roker and I've had season tickets in the SWC at the SoL, so if I'm a mag I'm obsessed. Mind you the way that they follow us I can see where your coming from 😉.

HTL
Just googled it and still don't get a difinitve answer. Search came up after I put in 'tallest floodlights in the football league' Roker Park came up on wiki like but nowt. Seems as though the mags got that from Manchester United.
Well that's that then.

Last edited:

HTL

Dunno but we have the tallest number of top flight championships, tallest number of runners up and tallest number of 3rd places finishes as well. Also the tallest crowd, tallest number of top flight top scorers, tallest number of world records transfers and quite a lot of other tallest numbers as well.

HTL

Do you lot ever come up with an original chant of their own? Man Utd also suggested City have the tallest floodlights in the league when they sang that some 20 years before you did so it could be them?

Excuse me sunshine (I've been waiting for this reply) I live 20 minutes walk to the Stadium of Light, I've had a season ticket in the Fulwell at Roker and I've had season tickets in the SWC at the SoL, so if I'm a mag I'm obsessed. Mind you the way that they follow us I can see where your coming from 😉.

HTL
Just googled it and still don't get a definitive answer. Search came up after I put in 'tallest floodlights in the football league' Roker Park came up on wiki like but nowt. Seems as though the mags got that from Manchester United.
Well that's that then.
Come on guys, leave him alone. He used to sit in the full Well End and his favourite player was Gordon Rowell

Sunderland must've upgraded their lights in mid 60s as Hartlepool got the old bulbs for their new floodlights. I know , not a lot of people know that.

Back