Roker End Display - The Spirit of 37

Good morning all,

We’ve posted much of this in the thread about the group, but this one is specifically about match day timings for everyone.

1600 Friday - Group 1 going in to start setting up. Meeting at the Bob Stokoe Statue.

1730 Friday - Group 2 going in to continue setting up. Meeting at the Bob Stokoe Statue.

1815 Friday - Turnstiles open. If this is the earliest you can get there, head to the Roker End and ask for Jamie. He’ll be able to let you know what needs done.

1930 Friday - Be at your seats!! Final instructions for displaying the tifo will be on your seats. It is vital people aren’t coming in with 2 minutes to go.

This is not just for people in the Roker End. There are elements all round the ground and we need everyone to play their part.

Let’s get the place rocking before kick-off. Make it a cauldron of noise as the players line up in the tunnels to make it as intimidating as possible.

#WearThe37 | #SAFC

Last edited by a moderator:

Awesome, thanks for all your hard work, and the hard work still to come.

It’s been a challenging week. I woke up in a tent on Monday (I was camping, I knew I was there) and none of this was even a thing.

We worked out we’ve done about 40 hours of work between the 4 of us, all whilst having full time jobs.

Hopefully the fans can get there on time and it’ll make a difference.

Just to be clear, is the 'get there early' request aimed at your volunteers who have agreed to help out or are you requiring the general fan population to be there? In other words, could there be a flag waiting for any of us next to our seats?
They're hoping everyone can be in their seats for 19:30 (regardless of which stand they're in). Normally I'd say they'd struggle given the penchant for staying in the pub as long as possible, but with the likely attendance and the importance of the game I hope most will be in by then. Best of luck to them, I know the amount of work they all put in to this
This needs to be communicated further... thousands don't look at this site.
Needs to be word of mouth I guess. They've put it here and twitter, probably on Facebook and Instagram (I wouldn't know, I don't go on those), but it's hard to get a message to those who aren't on social media, aside from printing loads of leaflets and leaving them in pubs. But if everyone who is on social media mentions it to friends/relatives who aren't, then the message would probably spread quite wide

Last edited:
They're hoping everyone can be in their seats for 19:30 (regardless of which stand they're in). Normally I'd say they'd struggle given the penchant for staying in the pub as long as possible, but with the likely attendance and the importance of the game I hope most will be in by then. Best of luck to them, I know the amount of work they all put in to this

Needs to be word of mouth I guess. They've put it here and twitter, probably on Facebook and Instagram (I wouldn't know, I don't go on those), but it's hard to get a message to those who aren't on social media, aside from printing loads of leaflets and leaving them in pubs. But if everyone who is on social media mentions it to friends/relatives who aren't, then the message would probably spread quite wide

Unfortunately I cant see it happening. People dont seem to start filing in until 5-10 mins before

Unfortunately I cant see it happening. People dont seem to start filing in until 5-10 mins before
Aye they normally don't. I just know from my own perspective I'm not going to risk being stuck in a queue outside when the game kicks off so, whilst I normally come in right on kick off, I'm going to try and get in a bit earlier and have a last pint in the ground. Hopefully a few others have similar thoughts. Agree a lot will still be late mind, and queues probably big outside as kick off approaches, but hopefully it'll work out for them

Just to be clear, is the 'get there early' request aimed at your volunteers who have agreed to help out or are you requiring the general fan population to be there? In other words, could there be a flag waiting for any of us next to our seats?

The 4pm/5:30pm is for people who can come and help set up.

The 7:30pm is for everyone. The display will take almost everyone to be in their seats to work.

Hopefully if we can reach 1 fan out a group of 4, they’ll be able to pass on to their mates and explain why they’re needed.
Local radio 📻 ??????

Great idea. One of the lads is in touch with Nick Barnes.

Last edited:
This needs to be communicated further... thousands don't look at this site.
See my post (343) on the original Spirit of 73 thread. If they act straightaway they may be able to get publicity on tonight’s local TV news programmes (ITV/BBC) and should contact all local media outlets (print, radio and TV). The club could help them with contact details if they don’t have them. So could the fanzine and podcast outlets if they need them quickly.

Additionally I would advise the Spirit of 73 organisers to ask supporters to be in the SOL for 19:15 and then there’s more likelihood that more will actually be in for 19:30. Seems essential we all arrive earlier rather than later.

Once again, well done to all involved and if you haven’t put a few quid in yet, please do so if you can afford to.

SAFC OK.

Last edited:
Good morning all,

We’ve posted much of this in the thread about the group, but this one is specifically about match day timings for everyone.

1600 Friday - Group 1 going in to start setting up. Meeting at the Bob Stokoe Statue.

1730 Friday - Group 2 going in to continue setting up. Meeting at the Bob Stokoe Statue.

1815 Friday - Turnstiles open. If this is the earliest you can get there, head to the Roker End and ask for Jamie. He’ll be able to let you know what needs done.

1930 Friday - Be at your seats!! Final instructions for displaying the tifo will be on your seats. It is vital people aren’t coming in with 2 minutes to go.

This is not just for people in the Roker End. There are elements all round the ground and we need everyone to play their part.

Let’s get the place rocking before kick-off. Make it a cauldron of noise as the players line up in the tunnels to make it as intimidating as possible.

#WearThe37 | #SAFC

Brilliant effort mate!

Good morning all,

#WearThe37 | #SAFC

Tremendous effort lads. Hope all going well.

Back