Roker Beach, New Restaurant?

Cheers. We do Blacks Corner every so often (much better now they’ve got a lager on tap) so will try it, even if it sounds pricey.

Went in one saturday night not long after it opened , big crowd of pissed ,obnoxious ten bob millionaires types on the high table in the middle , who got progressively louder the later it went on.

Never been back.

Which ones? Seem to be thriving down there and the places there now seem to have been open a long while, the wok and chicken places didn’t last long, there was other reasons why they shut and it wasn’t because of lack of trade.
The chicken one was another one aye!

Can’t see that having lasting appeal to be honest. Where’s the skill in buying stuff from a deli and rearranging it onto a board. I could see it doing ok in a tourist hotspot but who is going to regularly go somewhere that serves up stuff you can easily repeat at home?

Can’t see that having lasting appeal to be honest. Where’s the skill in buying stuff from a deli and rearranging it onto a board. I could see it doing ok in a tourist hotspot but who is going to regularly go somewhere that serves up stuff you can easily repeat at home?
Not this old argument again...why ever cross the doors then?

Do you regularly eat in the same restaurant like?

Apart from Stirks Steakhouse obvs.

Change is good. Going to the same restaurant every week or so sounds canny boring to me.

Putting words in my mouth there marra. Nobody defined regular as “every week or so”. Did you read that d’aqua thread the other day, “everyone calls it jimmys” etc etc. It clearly relies on the custom of regulars.

Putting words in my mouth there marra. Nobody defined regular as “every week or so”. Did you read that d’aqua thread the other day, “everyone calls it jimmys” etc etc. It clearly relies on the custom of regulars.
Everyone doesn't call it Jimmy's. He just so happens to be friendly with people on here. I know he's called Jimmy and I've probably been once in the last year. How often have you been?

People know his name because it's mentioned on social media and that. I eat in Roma more regularly and have no idea what the fella who runs it is called.

Last edited:
Everyone doesn't call it Jimmy's. He just so happens to be friendly with people on here. I know he's called Jimmy and I've probably been once in the last year. How often have you been?

I’d estimate 5 times over the years, definitely not a regular by anyone’s definition. It never quite clicked with me.

Back