Roger Waters Big Mouth?

You’re talking about two Different things. Nobody is on about his music we’re talking about him being ‘cancelled’ which is pathetic.

You haven’t helped matters by coming on slagging him off after watching a minute of a video.
Waters' fans know enough to smell the b/s in the antisemitism allegations to make sure he's not cancelled and his lawyers are savvy enough to ensure the Frankfurt shenanigans came to nothing.

Roger will be fine. He has far too much loyal and genuine support to be cancelled imho.

Both Gilmour and Waters often come over as complete arseholes.
I far rather would just listen to (some of) their music and ignore their rants.

To be fair, I'd say Waters is a 10/10 arsehole, and Gilmour perhaps 3/10 (largely for his role in delaying the reissue of Animals for years due to a dispute about the liner notes).

Waters has been obsessively anti-Fascist all his life due to his dad being killed at Anzio in WWII. But as so often happens with obsession, he's morphed into the very thing he hates. He's dictatorial and intolerant, and on many issues he's in lockstep with Putin.

To be fair, I'd say Waters is a 10/10 arsehole, and Gilmour perhaps 3/10 (largely for his role in delaying the reissue of Animals for years due to a dispute about the liner notes).

Waters has been obsessively anti-Fascist all his life due to his dad being killed at Anzio in WWII. But as so often happens with obsession, he's morphed into the very thing he hates. He's dictatorial and intolerant, and on many issues he's in lockstep with Putin.
I think he just sees everyone as fair game and the only people he's allied with are the innocents on the ground.

He's anti-violence, anti-terror, anti-conflict, anti-war.

He’s a cock but he’s aloud his opinion without his band mates jumped up wife who’s above her standing piling into him publicly like she did
and she's allowed hers.
He’s absolutely made you look a lazy fool. You’ve read a thread and rather than actually educate yourself of the facts you’ve admitted you don’t have the attention span to bother. Your opinion is baseless and frankly not worth a light.

He’s absolutely made you look a lazy fool. You’ve read a thread and rather than actually educate yourself of the facts you’ve admitted you don’t have the attention span to bother. Your opinion is baseless and frankly not worth a light.
Wonder if he was bothered enough to read both your replies?

Last edited:
I think he just sees everyone as fair game and the only people he's allied with are the innocents on the ground.

He's anti-violence, anti-terror, anti-conflict, anti-war.

He's not so keen on the Ukrainian innocents on the ground, and has dutifully adopted all the Russian talking points (it's not a real country, it's run by Nazis, NATO started the war etc etc). Similarly, he took the Russian/Assad line on Syria, and propagated the disgusting white helmets conspiracy - portraying humanitarian rescuers as terrorists. He wouldn't grieve for the Taiwanese if China invaded, either.

He's not a political thinker, he's an exceptionally rich rock star. He's entitled to his views, but when he proselytizes he deserves pushback. Some of his views are dangerous.

He's not so keen on the Ukrainian innocents on the ground, and has dutifully adopted all the Russian talking points (it's not a real country, it's run by Nazis, NATO started the war etc etc). Similarly, he took the Russian/Assad line on Syria, and propagated the disgusting white helmets conspiracy - portraying humanitarian rescuers as terrorists. He wouldn't grieve for the Taiwanese if China invaded, either.

He's not a political thinker, he's an exceptionally rich rock star. He's entitled to his views, but when he proselytizes he deserves pushback. Some of his views are dangerous.
Might depend on which Ukrainians we're talking about.

I’ve defended him on this thread but I think what he’s saying there is pretty indefensible. I too have wondered how the hell they got them across the wall so easily mind but he needs to stop talking because it looks to me like he’s suggesting this was an orchestrated Israeli attack on their own people to justify an invasion of Gaza. Do you get that from what he is saying?

I’ve defended him on this thread but I think what he’s saying there is pretty indefensible. I too have wondered how the hell they got them across the wall so easily mind but he needs to stop talking because it looks to me like he’s suggesting this was an orchestrated Israeli attack on their own people to justify an invasion of Gaza. Do you get that from what he is saying?

That seems to be exactly what he's saying. No matter that Hamas have admitted it and have said they'd do it again.

That seems to be exactly what he's saying. No matter that Hamas have admitted it and have said they'd do it again.
Starting to become a really bitter bloke full of paranoia and hate isn’t he? It’s always the same when something like this happens. Groups of people that suggest all isn’t as it seems. I really can’t stand listening to rubbish like that.

Starting to become a really bitter bloke full of paranoia and hate isn’t he? It’s always the same when something like this happens. Groups of people that suggest all isn’t as it seems. I really can’t stand listening to rubbish like that.
The internet is full of these paranoid tropes. Conspiracy theories are a comfort blanket for bitter reactionaries

The internet is full of these paranoid tropes. Conspiracy theories are a comfort blanket for bitter reactionaries
Well exactly. I’ve seen absolutely loads of social media posts about WWIII these past few weeks. It’s really odd but I feel like people get bored of no news and hope for some kind of disaster.

Back