Roger waters amused to death

Going back to Amused to Death I would avoid the 2015 remix.

Much as I rate DG, Jeff Beck substitutes very well for him on this album. Eric Clapton toured The Pros and Cons and did a fair job on the Floyd material.

I own DG's solo albums but don't think I have played any of them more than once. Having said that, KAOS and Where the Wind Blows are pretty unmemorable.

Post Waters Floyd is a bit bland, particularly Momentary Laps of Reason, but love High Hopes...with my fave ever lyrics being the final verse...."the endless river, for ever and ever". Cant explain it, it just gets me.
Waters was/is a great lyricist but comes across as bitter and arrogant, even nasty at times in interviews

Nonsense..Roger Waters was the driving force and the main lyricist through the bands most successful times..the weird and unique sound of Pink Floyd was Waters doing..Gilmour is a great guitarist no doubt but when Waters departed it was all too apparent where the creativity was..the Division Bell is just a mundane MOR record IMO..Waters was quoted at the time as saying 'it's a fair copy..they'd love to be able to recreate what's in my head'..to me Gilmours solo work is bland Radio 2 music whereas Waters work retains the weirdness that took Pink Floyd to the next level.

You can tell the difference between one Pink Floyd and another.
Do not mind the division bell, misses that something.

He’s the subject matter of most of the songs in that one.

Apparently 'Poles Apart' is about Waters..don't know for certain like.

"Poles Apart"

Did you know...it was all going to go so wrong for you
And did you see it was all going to be so right for me
Why did we tell you then
You were always the golden boy then
And that you'd never lose that light in your eyes

Hey you...did you ever realize what you'd become
And did you see that it wasn't only me you were running from
Did you know all the time but it never bothered you anyway
Leading the blind while I stared out the steel in your eyes

The rain fell slow, down on all the roofs of uncertainty
I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me
And did you know...
I never thought that you'd lose the light in your eyes.

Could be like??

Going back to Amused to Death I would avoid the 2015 remix.

Much as I rate DG, Jeff Beck substitutes very well for him on this album. Eric Clapton toured The Pros and Cons and did a fair job on the Floyd material.

I own DG's solo albums but don't think I have played any of them more than once. Having said that, KAOS and Where the Wind Blows are pretty unmemorable.
KAOS often gets overlooked, but it's an album I still play today. I think it's underrated. The story might not be the best but musically I like it.

Back