Rocky female lead singers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tin hat firmly in place, but Gwen Stefani before she decided she wanted to be an R&B diva was one of the best around!

Juliet Lewis and The Licks are/were great. I loved the first Haim album too, the new one is out in 3 weeks.

Most of my favourite female vocalists are from a folk or indie-rock background though - Neko Case, Laura Veirs, Aimee Mann, Regina Spektor

Tin hat firmly in place, but Gwen Stefani before she decided she wanted to be an R&B diva was one of the best around!

Juliet Lewis and The Licks are/were great. I loved the first Haim album too, the new one is out in 3 weeks.

Most of my favourite female vocalists are from a folk or indie-rock background though - Neko Case, Laura Veirs, Aimee Mann, Regina Spektor

The Joy Formidable, check them out!
She knows how to play guitar aswell, f***ing tremendous live!

Potentially might need a tin hat here but Karen O from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

hard to pull off but mesmerising when they do, just watched the pretenders, these sort of lasses are thin on the ground nowadays.
I don't know how old chrissie hynde is - but she was pretty awesome in the brief clips I saw on bbc4 yesterday... looked like she had the energy & punk if an 18yo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back