Rocket league

They've this Radical Summer event going on the last month or so that has an 80's theme, so there's like new items and cars to unlock. But during that time they've had limited time modes. The first was a ghost busters themed one which wasn't that great. The second one was a mode where you always have spikes on so the ball would stick to you but you couldn't boost when you got it so you were prone to getting demolished, guess it was kinda like NFL in a way but it was pretty good. The last mode they have on now is standard 2v2 but you play with a beach ball, so it floats and bounces different, and if you smack the ball on its side it curls and swerves so it makes for some cool shots from angles and stuff.

Ah sounds fun, I used to play it regularly with me boy but we’ve dropped off, might have to pick it back up!

Me and the boy have just started playing this again but I’m certain we are only scratching the surface of the game types and progression etc.

We mostly play Rumble but I’m wondering what the ranking and matchmaking system is all about.

I’m also clueless re trading and how to get keys for crates other than buying them, any advice appreciated!

Me and the boy have just started playing this again but I’m certain we are only scratching the surface of the game types and progression etc.

We mostly play Rumble but I’m wondering what the ranking and matchmaking system is all about.

I’m also clueless re trading and how to get keys for crates other than buying them, any advice appreciated!
You have to buy keys with real money to open crates, however after every 10 levels u go up you get a decryptor which can be used to open crates also. I literally have 100s of crates because I'm not prepared to spend money on them. On competitive you play 10 games of each mode and after that it puts you in a ranking depending on your performances, so u will play other people of similar ability. From there on you can promoted or relegated depending on how well you do. If you go to your inventory you can exchange 5 items for one of a higher quality, or you can invite another player online to your party and you can trade amongst yourselves.

Ah
You have to buy keys with real money to open crates, however after every 10 levels u go up you get a decryptor which can be used to open crates also. I literally have 100s of crates because I'm not prepared to spend money on them. On competitive you play 10 games of each mode and after that it puts you in a ranking depending on your performances, so u will play other people of similar ability. From there on you can promoted or relegated depending on how well you do. If you go to your inventory you can exchange 5 items for one of a higher quality, or you can invite another player online to your party and you can trade amongst yourselves.

Ah that’s helpful thanks, I knew there was an intricate system behind it. We play on separate accounts on the same Xbox so could we trade together?

Back