Rock royalty at the Harbour view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Bonnet is playing a show on November 18th in South Shields. He`s also playing with Michael Schenker in Sheffield along with Gary Barden and Robin McAuley, Chris Glen and Ted McKenna from those early MSG albums in early November.
Graham's one of my all time favourite singers. His voice is shot now though.

Graham Bonnet is playing a show on November 18th in South Shields. He`s also playing with Michael Schenker in Sheffield along with Gary Barden and Robin McAuley, Chris Glen and Ted McKenna from those early MSG albums in early November.
I had tickets to see him in Houghton Buffs 10 year ago. Niver showed. I'll give it a miss.

Nice version of Baby Blue mind.

As far as vocals gan, I always thought he was better than Dio.

Dio was Dio though and the package... writing, voice, theatre (?) , well he was obviously the main man. But Bonnet's moment was fantastic...

Last edited:
I had tickets to see him in Houghton Buffs 10 year ago. Niver showed. I'll give it a miss.

Dio was Dio though and the package... writing, voice, theatre (?) , well he was obviously the main man. But Bonnet's moment was fantastic...
Dio was absolutely unbeatable and Rising and Long Live Roll `n` Roll are classics. His performance on Catch The Rainbow on On Stage is up there with the best of them BUT I love Down To Earth too. It was the first album I`d heard by them and will always be a favourite of mind with Eyes of the World, Lost in Hollywood and Loves No Friend absolutely brilliant. Dio will always be the best in my mind but that doesn`t take anything away from how good Down To Earth was.

He`s played a fair few times up here over the last few years and is always worth catching live.

I`ve seen him a few times over recent years. The last time his voice was spot on although tired towards the end, the time before a bit more strained. they are tough songs to sing

Dio was absolutely unbeatable and Rising and Long Live Roll `n` Roll are classics. His performance on Catch The Rainbow on On Stage is up there with the best of them BUT I love Down To Earth too. It was the first album I`d heard by them and will always be a favourite of mind with Eyes of the World, Lost in Hollywood and Loves No Friend absolutely brilliant. Dio will always be the best in my mind but that doesn`t take anything away from how good Down To Earth was.

He`s played a fair few times up here over the last few years and is always worth catching live.

I`ve seen him a few times over recent years. The last time his voice was spot on although tired towards the end, the time before a bit more strained. they are tough songs to sing
LOST IN HOLLYWOOOÒOOD

TAD INEBRIATED

What I don't get with the Rock lot particularly singers is they just get hired regardless of anything but vocal range .Bonnet on that Blackmore doc ,just a total mismatch and totally driven by ££ . To me there has to be some slither of wanton and abandon

What I don't get with the Rock lot particularly singers is they just get hired regardless of anything but vocal range .Bonnet on that Blackmore doc ,just a total mismatch and totally driven by ££ . To me there has to be some slither of wanton and abandon
Bonnet was originally an R&B (the old style not the warble stuff of today) and had a massive hit in the late `60`s with a song written by the Bee Gees, Only One Woman.
he certainly had the power and the range to be a Rock singer. He certainly DID get hired for his vocal range and Blackmore went to great lengths to track him down. It certainly wasn`t his image they were after, it was his voice.
I think the album he did with Rainbow then MSG and the 1st couple of Alcatrazz albums certainly stand up today and he can STILL sings those songs pretty well.

Went to see Deep Purple a couple of years ago when it came to the keyboard solo I was thinking this will be crap. How wrong I was - he was superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back