Rock Artists as DJs?

Alice Cooper, Joe Elliott, Danny Bowes and the like. I don't mind them but why do they do it? They can't need the dosh or the exposure. Giving something back/love of the music/time on their hands?

Alice Cooper, Joe Elliott, Danny Bowes and the like. I don't mind them but why do they do it? They can't need the dosh or the exposure. Giving something back/love of the music/time on their hands?
Huey from the Fun Loving Criminals does it anarl, but I don't think I'd put him in the rock category tbh..............they love music obviously, they want to make folks happy ! :).

Not really ‘rock’ but I was at a party during Essence Festival one July 4th weekend at the W hotel in New Orleans when rapper Biz Markie was doing a ‘set’.

There’s some trend, which nobody could satisfactorily explain to me, of him and others playing about thirty seconds of a record then switching to the other deck and on and on, so if you were up there dancing you couldn’t get into a groove because the groove was changing every thirty seconds. Shite.

Not really ‘rock’ but I was at a party during Essence Festival one July 4th weekend at the W hotel in New Orleans when rapper Biz Markie was doing a ‘set’.

There’s some trend, which nobody could satisfactorily explain to me, of him and others playing about thirty seconds of a record then switching to the other deck and on and on, so if you were up there dancing you couldn’t get into a groove because the groove was changing every thirty seconds. Shite.

I tend to agree. I want to hear pretty much all of a track when I'm out. & they don't really mix the tracks, they just cut them in straight away. You could be just getting a groove going & the very next beat is a different track.

BOO!!

Back