Robocop

Ah, so another case of Highlander syndrome then...

Highlander I think only ignored one film though - Highlander 3 ignores Highlander II and continues on from the end of Highlander, after that they kinda follow on from each other at a stretch (if you accept the whole "Conner had a brother with the same condition knocking around all this time, didn't we mention that?" thing)

Robocop though, they would be stripping away loads more wouldn't they?

Highlander I think only ignored one film though - Highlander 3 ignores Highlander II and continues on from the end of Highlander, after that they kinda follow on from each other at a stretch (if you accept the whole "Conner had a brother with the same condition knocking around all this time, didn't we mention that?" thing)

Robocop though, they would be stripping away loads more wouldn't they?
The second one, as far as I can remember, was pretty awful and the third one was a kid's film? Been a while since I watched them but a new start might be just the ticket if memory serves.

The second one, as far as I can remember, was pretty awful and the third one was a kid's film? Been a while since I watched them but a new start might be just the ticket if memory serves.
Yeah they've all been pretty poor apart from the first one, but in terms of the overriding plot - only Highlander II was completely decanonised (so to speak)

Yeah they've all been pretty poor apart from the first one, but in terms of the overriding plot - only Highlander II was completely decanonised (so to speak)
Ah, I was talking about Robocop there. :lol: Yeah, the one with the alien backstory was the one that was ignored, right?

The second one was poor but still good enough to be canon. The cyborg fight at the end was epic as was the scene when Cyborg Kane ruthlessly kills everyone in that warehouse/factory.

The third was awful though and deserves to be forgotten.

The third one was meant to be Robocop vs Terminator borrowed heavily from the then successful comic book. Scripting problems plagued the film, in the end the terminator element was chucked out but kept some of the ideas, like the robot ninja and robocop's rocket pack.

Do an search for "Robocop v Terminator" and you will find loads of images...

Back