Robin attacking its own reflection

My Mrs pointed out that a Robin was pecking at the car windscreen earlier today and had being doing so for some time.

Anyway, I went down into the living room to take a photo and you can see loads of claw marks on the window where the crazy little bastard has been attacking its own reflection. Many of these are up a height so it's not just pecking but actually flying into the window. Any ideas on how I can stop this other than killing it or putting my windows out?

My Mrs pointed out that a Robin was pecking at the car windscreen earlier today and had being doing so for some time.

Anyway, I went down into the living room to take a photo and you can see loads of claw marks on the window where the crazy little bastard has been attacking its own reflection. Many of these are up a height so it's not just pecking but actually flying into the window. Any ideas on how I can stop this other than killing it or putting my windows out?
Put your windows out. That’ll teach the little bastard.

I think I might just print a "missing robin" flyer and ask next door if they can put one in their window. Or maybe print an enlarged picture of one and stick that in our window to see how tough it really is.

Printed picture of a cat on the other side of the glass?

We have a real cat but that might actually work.

I was sat in my car the other day having my lunch and this landed on my wing mirror, I thought it didnt realise anyone was in the car with the tinted windows. I opened the window expecting it to fly off but it just stayed there looking at me.

Logon or register to see this image

I fed it a bit of my sandwich and it still just stayed there on the mirror eating it.

Back