Robert Freeman RIP

• Thread starter Deleted member 39494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 39494

Beatles photographer who took some iconic pictures of the band.

Album covers of Help and Rubber Soul to name two.

One of my favourite album covers of all time is Rubber Soul : the band looked so cool, and those haircuts :cool:

Never heard of him
Revelling in ignorance.
He photographed the first half dozen Beatles album covers. That stopped after he found out Lennon was rattling his wife. Iirc she was Norwegian so was rumoured to be the subject of the Norwegian Wood song. I think they got divorced shortly after he found out. He will have been bunged a few bob I’d imagine to stay quiet as Lennon was still married and the Beatles were still controlable at the time.

Last edited:
Revelling in ignorance.
He photographed the first half dozen Beatles album covers. That stopped after he found out Lennon was rattling his wife. Iirc she was Norwegian so was rumoured to be the subject of the Norwegian Wood song. I think they got divorced shortly after he found out. He will have been bunged a few bob I’d imagine to stay quiet as Lennon was still married and the Beatles were still controlable at the time.
No I was just surprised I’d never heard of him.

Revelling in ignorance.
Never knew that about his wife.

Back