Robert De Niro destroying his legacy

He's part of a generation of actors that will be sorely missed when they're gone, De Niro, Morgan freeman, Clint Eastwood, Samuel L Jackson, Jack nicholson. Who's replacing them, the rock, Tom Hardy?
As people get older they can move into completely different roles to what they did when they were young, for example they guy who plays Mike in Breaking Bad is amazing in this professional old hitman role but when he was younger he was just a goof and in Beverly Hills Cop

He made 15 Minutes and The Score in 2001. Maybe not among his top ranked fillums but both very watchable and a big step up from Rocky and Bullwinkle in 2000!

I absolutely loved The Good Shepherd (2006) which he directed and has a cameo role. One of the most underrated films ever IMO. Very subtle and understated but didn’t do well at the box office. He planned to make two more and bring it right up to the present but they didn’t make enough money. Too bad as the first did a good job of covering a fascinating period of recent history.
Yeah they are ones that are alright but a bit forgettable. The Score was Brando's last movies I think.

I didn't even think the likes of Hide and Seek and Godsend etc where terrible, just not particularly good either. Run of the mill stuff.

Does he have money problems or something?! Why does he take so many awful roles at his age?
Hard to understand why anyone keeps on working when they are minted.
Probably because it’s too good to turn down.
And also trying to maintain a celeb lifestyle is not cheap, just got to look at all ex pro footballers likes of Ferdinand Shearer n Lineker they all worth a fortune but keep grafting if u can call that work

Same as bruce willis...not even close acting wise but both have had "big" fillums and hes in nowt but shite nicholas cage anarl.

Ffs sorry seb as owt.

I would imagine Nobu closing with their prices has been a massive kick in the balls.

My mate reckons it be better if there was a fire/ explosion at the wrap party of Heat to preserve de niro and pacinos legacy. Bit extreme but i see his point

I would imagine Nobu closing with their prices has been a massive kick in the balls.

My mate reckons it be better if there was a fire/ explosion at the wrap party of Heat to preserve de niro and pacinos legacy. Bit extreme but i see his point
the film equivalent of Lynyrd skynyrd plane crash that so many musicians should have been on.

In fact, the year after, he done We're No Angels with Sean Penn. Instantly forgettable. Should have been subtitled Nor Are We Comedic Actors

Agreed. It still amazes me to this day, that Sean Penn can be involved with such a film and then go on to make Into The Wild - arguably one of the most visually stunning films ever made.

Credit to Penn though, he only acted in it and had no artistic input ... oh, and We're No Angels was also made at a time when his marriage to Madonna was coming to an end. He probably needed something to take his mind off that particular living hell!

Back