Robert De Niro destroying his legacy

He'll never destroy his legacy because he's made too many great films.

That said from about 95 to 2015 he did a lot of really poor movies and barely anything great.

The Irishman seems to split people but I thought it was excellent and an excellent performance and that was on the back of Joker which was also excellent so he definitely still has it in him.

He has a few interesting films due as well, working with Scorses again on Killers of the Flower Moon, Wash Me in teh River sounds pretty good. He has about another four that all seem to be of the crime/gangster/drama genres on top of those so here's hoping he wants to go out doing some of his best work.

Pacino also went terrible for the same period as has hit a patch of form again.

He was destroying his legacy long before the pandemic with his choice of roles in half baked comedies. A genre he seems to think he excels at.
Hes hit and miss but he has done some very good comedies. Midnight Run is brilliant and I think Meet The Parents and Analyse This were decent though they didn't really need a load of sequels.

I thought Last Vegas and Dirty Grandpa were decent enough as well though I probably wouldn't watch them again.

Back