Robbie Savage

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by Evester, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Evester

Evester Midfield

Got invited to a Q & A today with the bloke. Spoke really well and had some good stories. Seemed honest and open.
    Someone asked about Keane and the famous voice mail and said it was all true but at the time he missed the calls, when he was with his agent there was no signal hence going to voice mail.
    He said he wanted and would have signed but in the end Derby came in and as no further contact with Sunderland went to Derby instead...queue Keane story

2. Taffyduck

Taffyduck Striker

I don't think savage and Keane would've got on somehow :lol: so, it's a good job he signed for Derby.

ShaabanShaaban likes this.
  3. penno13

penno13 Midfield

Love him me, his rambling on 5 live kept me entertained many a times doing the 7 hour drive back from the sol

Pink Panther likes this.
  4. Hongkongphooey

Hongkongphooey Striker

He’s canny

5. Kent Boy 2

Kent Boy 2 Midfield

I think the exact opposite. Savage had proper work ethic, that’s all Keane wanted from players. Don’t forget Keano knew all about Savage from Utd - Savage is one of the forgotten class of ‘92.

6. Iballistic George

Iballistic George Central Defender

Didn't get say derby offered him a stupid amount of money and there was no way he could turn it down as it was his last pay day

7. Adamoah

Adamoah Winger

8. SGF

SGF Midfield

Think he comes across as a canny bloke

Hongkongphooey likes this.
  9. Taffyduck

Taffyduck Striker

Nothing to do with work ethic. Personalities would've clashed off the pitch.

Keane even said fuck him because his calls were going to voicemail :lol:

10. naughtynose

naughtynose Striker

11. wardleymackum

wardleymackum Midfield

One of them players every one hated ..... But would have them playing for you every day of the week......!

BNM and Stevie Freestein II like this.
  12. The Rat

The Rat Striker

He’s the definition of a gobshite

Him and Sutton day controversial things to get airtime

13. MONTYMCPHAIL

MONTYMCPHAIL Midfield

Did he mention why the podcast with Flintoff and the ping pong guy hasn't been on for ages?

14. Sussex By The Sea

Sussex By The Sea Central Defender

Had a loan spell with us and was utter toilet.

Quite like him though

15. SHEEPSKINBOOTS

SHEEPSKINBOOTS Subs Bench

Not as irritating as he used to be and been too the same voice coach as Phil Neville when summarising

16. quite like him

17. Scotty 1978

Scotty 1978 Striker

He seems a canny bloke a bit thick like

Kid Galahad likes this.
  18. Stuffed Cat

Stuffed Cat Midfield

Savage is in the jungle with Ant and Dec next series, confirmed to my mate at Cheltenham on Friday.

19. WCC

WCC Full Back

Used to think he was right gobshite but he comes across canny on Flintoff, Savage & the Ping Pong Guy podcast.

20. I thought ant wasnt doing the jungle anymore ?