Rob Brydon Empire Toneet

I feel sorry for him when he is on the telly and alone on that big ship. He looks really surprised when other passengers or members of the crew speak to him.

It must be very depressing to go on a cruise like that by yourself - still he tries hard to remain cheerful.

I like him. The Trip is great with Coogan and even though I loathed Gavin and Stacey I'd happily watch Brydon and Lamb doing their characters for several series.
The Trip, what a masterpiece. 3rd series on Sky, therefore denying the British public of the genius is a black mark against him and Coogan. Money grabbing whores.

The Trip, what a masterpiece. 3rd series on Sky, therefore denying the British public of the genius is a black mark against him and Coogan. Money grabbing whores.

Haven't seen the TV show, hated the movie, is the TV series more of the same or am I likely to like it?

I feel sorry for him when he is on the telly and alone on that big ship. He looks really surprised when other passengers or members of the crew speak to him.

It must be very depressing to go on a cruise like that by yourself - still he tries hard to remain cheerful.
Are you wife blind ?

Haven't seen the TV show, hated the movie, is the TV series more of the same or am I likely to like it?

It's basically Coogan and Brydon doing impressions at each other over the dinner table with some vague pretence of story hanging it together. Not everyone's cup of tea but I love it.

Pah! I don't do things by half.

Enjoyed it. Thought he would have mentioned Coleman in amongst all the Welsh patter like but Hey Ho! Still a funny bloke though. Imagine having that kind of talent. He does Steve Coogan better than Steve Coogan. When he was expaining how McCartney voice had changed octaves and tone i was dying to shout out "Thats cos he died in 1966"(smb conspiracy theorists will understand)
Faul.

Last edited:
Hang on. You loved Gavin and Stacey but hated The Trip?

That doesn’t seem right to me.

I saw one episode of G and S (Christmas Special?) when I was home one year and this seemed to be compulsory viewing (along with that dancing shite) and I thought it was absolutely turgid. Couldn’t decide if it wanted to be a comedy, a drama, or a soap and one of the lads who must surely be gay was in tears just coz his mate got a job and would be moving away. I never knew at the time that one of them was that far talentless squeaky voiced irritating buffoon Corden Who now seems to be on the telly over here everywhere I look.

TL/DR

The Trip is genius - G and S is shite for puffs and lasses.

I saw one episode of G and S (Christmas Special?) when I was home one year and this seemed to be compulsory viewing (along with that dancing shite) and I thought it was absolutely turgid. Couldn’t decide if it wanted to be a comedy, a drama, or a soap and one of the lads who must surely be gay was in tears just coz his mate got a job and would be moving away. I never knew at the time that one of them was that far talentless squeaky voiced irritating buffoon Corden Who now seems to be on the telly over here everywhere I look.

TL/DR

Then by your logic it stands to reason I wouldn't like both then surely?

Love Gavin and Stacey me like. Smithy wasn't gay though. His life seemed to revolve around Gavin and his family though, so it's no wonder he was sad.

TL/DR

Gavin and Stacy's strength was the on running storyline line and getting to know the characters ,each show was interlinked .Watching one is no good
Can't stand Corden but he was great in that

Back