Roaming ?

L

lenshack

I have an EE monthly mobile contract costs £28 for 32 gb. which I only use on my iPad for social networks and emails. I dont download anything significant.
I have a separate sim only phone contract with Orange.
I’m now in Spain using my iPad much less than in the U.K. yet my allowance is being used up very much faster than in the U.K.
I thought roaming was the same price throughout the Eu.
Any explanations ?

I have an EE monthly mobile contract costs £28 for 32 gb. which I only use on my iPad for social networks and emails. I dont download anything significant.
I have a separate sim only phone contract with Orange.
I’m now in Spain using my iPad much less than in the U.K. yet my allowance is being used up very much faster than in the U.K.
I thought roaming was the same price throughout the Eu.
Any explanations ?

There is a 12gb cap on roaming so in spite of paying for 32gb you don't get that when abroad.

The 12gb cap is being raised to 15gb as of the 28th of this month, I'm lead to believe.

Thanks for that. I tried altering the ap settings, but lost half the screen, so had to reset to get it back.

Correct about the 15g allowance. I wasn’t aware of that, though it seems you can get the rest of the allowance on payment of a surcharge.

However the original problem remains unsolved.

I’m wondering if this limit plus surcharges is a way for the providers to screw the punters to make up for reduced profits since extra roaming charges were abolished ?

Back