Road bikes for a grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocky

Striker
Before I moved to Lincs I lived in Scotland and was big into mountain biking, but with me now being in probably the worst area in the country for it I'm looking at geatting a road bike to get my cycling fix and get fit again. Has anyone got any recommendations for around £1k?

out of that lot the Boardman..or the Cube

might be worth looking on the bikebuilder section on Ribble. You can add/subtract whatever components need upgrading.

I'd always take a risk and go second hand.Get a lot more bike for your money.I know nowt about bikes so it's always a big risk for me.

I'd always take a risk and go second hand.Get a lot more bike for your money.I know nowt about bikes so it's always a big risk for me.

My "new" bike cost 475 quid, previous owner had done less 200km before deciding it was the wrong size. Alu frame, carbon fork, full shimano 105, good wheels. Not a mark on it.

This isnt just to gloat, but as above, if you bide your time you'll find a good bike for less money.

ask about the bikes on here, plenty know what they are on about. (for road bikes, not me)

Last edited:
if you have the roads for it then the specialized elite is a good buy. I got a specialized tricross for my work commute to see me through getting into cycling as it handles pavements and slightly rougher surfaces than a full road bike will. It will also take tyres from 700x32 down to 700x25 so I can improve my fitness ready for 2013 when I go for a full roadie :-D

I read a lot about ribble being great value for money, but beware I also read a lot of people complaining about poor customer service and long waiting times. No personal experience, just reviews I have read.

Quite like the look of the Giant and Cube on the first link there. I'll be off to a bike shop in the next few weeks to see what they have and what fits. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back