Riverview Brasserie at the SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went there today for our kid's son's christening. The place is nowt flash, it's clean and functional so ok, nee bother.

However, the selection of ales is shite. Creamflow Worthingtons is the only ale iirc, but the selection of lagers is better, Carling cooking lager obviously, but Coors Lite and Starapromen are also available but no ibupromen, as I had a headache.

The cost is the shocker. I bought a pint of Coors Lite and a single vodka and Diet Coke which came to £9.20. Now call me Ebenezer Scrooge if you like, but that is too much for a bog-standard bar, albeit in a football stadium.

Casting my eye over the wines menu was a revelation. A bottle of Dom Perignon: £200. Feckin' £200!!

Am I totally out of touch? I like to think so.

Last edited:

Went there today for our kid's son's christening. The place is nowt flash, it's clean and functional so ok, nee bother.

However, the selection of ales is shite. Creamflow Worthingtons is the only ale iirc, but the selection of lagers is better, Carling cooking lager obviously, but Coors Lite and Starapromen are also available but no ibupromen, as I had a headache.

The cost is the shocker. I bought a pint of Coors Lite and a single vodka and Diet Coke which came to £9.20. Now call me Ebenezer Scrooge if you like, but that is too much for a bog-standard bar, albeit in a football stadium.

Casting my eye over the wines menu was a revelation. A bottle of Dom Perignon: £200. Feckin' £200!!

If you're complaining about the price of the bottle of Dom Peri then you're clearly not cut-out to buy it mate.

I went to the sunderland referees society do with john hartson last night.
Was drinking worthingtons cream flow......swear i could have kept drinking till tuesday and still not got drunk on it. £3.20 A pint.

It's a function room. Certainly there were no Joe Public in there. And there wouldn't be anyway, at those prices.
I tipped up at SOL reception (West Stand) with my mate the other week, just asking if there was a bar open in there during the week. We ended up in the Hilton.

Let me guess, the menu consists of:

An overpriced Italian starter which was a let down, an old Irish favourite that looked out of place beside an obscure choice of African meat, some Swedish meatball that although spicy lacked some kick and a Tunisian dish on the side that hit the spot but the restaurant manager decided to not advertise?

An overpriced Italian starter which was a let down, an old Irish favourite that looked out of place beside an obscure choice of African meat, some Swedish meatball that although spicy lacked some kick and a Tunisian dish on the side that hit the spot but the restaurant manager decided to not advertise?
The Tunisian side dish didn't quite make it onto the menu as it wasn't to the Restaurant Managers taste.

Amazes me how people don't know these things, numerous posts have been on here about prices at the stadium at bars and corporate, it's scandalous what they charge another example of the exploitation of the fans.The food in Monty's lounge is ok but not worth anywhere near the cost and for Sunday lunch again not value for money especially with drinks.There are many many other venues to go to instead of there.

The club have a deal with Bidvest 3663. Bidvest give the club some money in sponsorship, in return for which they get to control what products go into the stadium, and how much they charge. That's why the selection is so poor

Potato skins ?

Riverview OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back