Rivers fans fighting amongst themselves

That's right mate, how did it look

I was in the cafe on the corner and noticed 5 blokes chatting and then from nothing they were scrapping, one for them picked up a metal chair and there was a few punches thrown and there was an older bloke almost dragged to the ground. I went out just as the polis came running up the street (one lass straight into it and a fatty who was
Knackered by the time he got there) and they all scattered in different directions

Bit more than handbags but nobody really got a clean hit as far as I could see. The coppers where there within a minute or so.

I couldn’t work out what had happened as they were standing talking to each other just as normal before hand, but if it’s what you said would make sense - a friendly quiet word, not listened to.

I was in the cafe on the corner and noticed 5 blokes chatting and then from nothing they were scrapping, one for them picked up a metal chair and there was a few punches thrown and there was an older bloke almost dragged to the ground. I went out just as the polis came running up the street (one lass straight into it and a fatty who was
Knackered by the time he got there) and they all scattered in different directions

Bit more than handbags but nobody really got a clean hit as far as I could see. The coppers where there within a minute or so.

I couldn’t work out what had happened as they were standing talking to each other just as normal before hand, but if it’s what you said would make sense - a friendly quiet word, not listened to.

There were two Mags and a Bristol fan, in a camel hair overcoat, shouting 'Gas Gas Gas' at everyone passing.

The older bloke took offence and asked what they were doing. The two Mags started mouthing off and got clouted.

The younger Sunderland bloke put the Rovers lad straight then the polis dived in.

The fat copper was quite fair tbh and let the two Sunderland fellas leave, dunno what happened to the other three.

they ran off quickly, probably towards that back lane at the back of tipsy cow

The best bit was the lad from the cafe going out and placing his metal chair back nicely where it should go whilst it was still going on

Tbf the reason I was in a cafe was I couldn’t face a pint after the night before and was hoping a coffee might sort my battered head out and probably not the best witness

Sounds like a happy ending anyway, ftm

There were two Mags and a Bristol fan, in a camel hair overcoat, shouting 'Gas Gas Gas' at everyone passing.

The older bloke took offence and asked what they were doing. The two Mags started mouthing off and got clouted.

The younger Sunderland bloke put the Rovers lad straight then the polis dived in.

The fat copper was quite fair tbh and let the two Sunderland fellas leave, dunno what happened to the other three.
How did you know they were mags mate?

How did you know they were mags mate?

I'm guessing tbh, one of them became very abusive as soon as the Sunderland fella quietly asked why they were shouting at people.

If he wasn't a Mag that makes it worse imo, supporting a Bristol idiot shouting at people in a Sunderland street.

I'm guessing tbh, one of them became very abusive as soon as the Sunderland fella quietly asked why they were shouting at people.

If he wasn't a Mag that makes it worse imo, supporting a Bristol idiot shouting at people in a Sunderland street.
Doubt they were mags mate. Their firm is called the Gas hit squad or something silly, hence the Gas Gas Gas chants. Looks like 3 charlatans getting brave.

Doubt they were mags mate. Their firm is called the Gas hit squad or something silly, hence the Gas Gas Gas chants. Looks like 3 charlatans getting brave.

The two had strong NE accents, doubt there are many Bristol lads with those.

I know what Gas means, I was down there in the 70's and 80's as were quite a few on here.

Back