RIP Ray Heslop

Unfortunately Ray passed on Sunday evening just gone. Ray was a regular running the away buses for SAFC Supporters association and had been following the lads home and away since before many of us were born. The trips away wont ever be the same without Ray making his way down the bus with his football cards and raffle tickets raising money for the SAFCSA. I'm sure he will be well known to a lot of people on here so let's hear your stories below.

We've lost a good one. RIP Ray x
Sad news RIP

Very sad news, I used to get on the SA buses at Concord, a lovely and very helpful fella in my younger days on away trips, RIP

Sad news..... A top fella.... When I started going to away games under reidy he was always accompanied by a woman with black hair on the bus (she used to work in Washington) can't remember her name but thoughts are with her and rays family at this sad time

Very nice fella and would be seen at every away game.

RIP Ray.
My First away game was on Ray's bus to Bristol City 30th Oct 1993... It was a rites of passage going on safcsa before progressing to beer buses! He was a canny bloke... All the legends on that bus - Ray, Billy simmons, Les picked up from Billingham from his parents 3 wheeler - some happy memories going on safcsa with Ray at the front! Rip Ray!!!
Same rites of passage as me mate used them a lot when I was younger.

Last edited:
It's always sad when the SAFC family loses any MLF's, and especially sad, when that person happens to be someone very popular, who was held in such high regard, and liked & respected, by all who knew or met him.
R.I.P Ray. 😪

I remember Ray from many years ago, as he was a permanent fixture at away games I used to be at.

Was he a mate of Mad Micky B, from the Billingham branch, by any chance, or am I confusing him with someone else ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back