RIP Phil McCormack

King Kareoke

Striker
Lead singer with my favourite Southern Rock band Molly Hatchet. Although not the original a sterling effort replacing Danny Joe Brown

@mickb2112 did you ever interview these guys

Last edited:

Lead singer with my favourite Southern Rock band Molly Hatchet. Although not the original a sterling effort replacing Danny Joe Brown

@mickb2112 did you ever interview these guys
Not yet no. Strangely enough I just bought a Molly Hatchett Original Album Series 5 CD box set of their first five albums. I do like them just they never seem to tour much over here (bit like Grand Funk Railroad and Foghat….big in the States but not much over here. Just got word today though that my Number 1 bucket list interview might happen. Really hope it does and hopefully I don`t get a couple of the non original members !!!! I`ll keep you posted.

Not yet no. Strangely enough I just bought a Molly Hatchett Original Album Series 5 CD box set of their first five albums. I do like them just they never seem to tour much over here (bit like Grand Funk Railroad and Foghat….big in the States but not much over here. Just got word today though that my Number 1 bucket list interview might happen. Really hope it does and hopefully I don`t get a couple of the non original members !!!! I`ll keep you posted.

What an amazing box set. Enjoy. It has always been my biggest disappointment in not seeing them. The likes of Blackfoot etc yes but Molly know. Hope you get the chance

Any clues?

What an amazing box set. Enjoy. It has always been my biggest disappointment in not seeing them. The likes of Blackfoot etc yes but Molly know. Hope you get the chance
I DID get to interview Ricky Medlock, along with Johnny Van Zandt who was great. A really big, charismatic character...and he bought the coffee. Another time I interviewed Greg T Walker who was also really nice. After the interview he went to the field next to the hotel which had a couple of horses in and did some horse whispering he trains horses back home. I ended up carrying some of their gear to the venue along with Mike Estes and Keith Pietro so for a brief moment I was a Blackfoot roadie:lol::lol::lol:
I`d love to have seen Blackfoot in their heyday. Absolutely love Highway Song Live.

Any clues?
I can`t, I`ll jinx it. I`m convinced it won`t happen but the PR is the same one that sorted Rush interviews for me and have always arranged loads of other stuff too so it could happen. She just e-mailed me today about it so I`m just waiting. Every time my e-mail pings I jump.

Last edited:
I DID get to interview Ricky Medlock, along with Johnny Van Zandt who was great. A really big, charismatic character...and he bought the coffee. Another time I interviewed Greg T Walker who was also really nice. After the interview he went to the field next to the hotel which had a couple of horses in and did some horse whispering he trains horses back home. I ended up carrying some of their gear to the venue along with Mike Estes and Keith Pietro so for a brief moment I was a Blackfoot roadie:lol::lol::lol:
I`d love to have seen Blackfoot in their heyday. Absolutely love Highway Song Live.

I can`t, I`ll jinx it. I`m convinced it won`t happen but the PR is the same one that sorted Rush interviews for me and have always arranged loads of other stuff too so it could happen. She just e-mailed me today about it so I`m just waiting. Every time my e-mail pings I jump.

First time I saw Blackfoot was supporting the Scorpions and they blew everyone away

Drat, that`s the one everyone mentions as being the best support band they`d ever seen. Just a couple of years too soon for my first show....MSG at the City Hall in `82.
My first show was Scorpions in ‘82 at the City Hall! Sadly missed out on Blackfoot too - got Wolf as my openers and I thought they were rubbish

Back