RIP @maximus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was only messaging him on Friday (& yesterday).
Originally met through him helping me with tickets. Soon became friends & his good lady & Dad & other’s would meet up with my family & me at various grounds up & down the land.
We were only discussing a get together week end in London for Fulham the other day ffs.
My eldest son replied, after his initial shock when I told him earlier, “ he was a gent”.
I’m richer for knowing him & so pleased to have called him a marra.

Thoughts are with Z, his da & all the family.

G, T, T & R x

It says something about the character of the man that he was hilarious without ever letting anything be on known of his own issues. I'm in bits here.

Hope you're both ok with your second family on here @Botchie @horselover
The lad wouldn't want us to be down marra. He was always positive and would look on the brightside. His dry sense of humour was always welcome when Sunderland were testing you. He'll get good send off.

Sent him a txt Saturday morning as I made my way up to Millwall enquiring if his bus had left ok due to the weather conditions up in God's Country but didn't get a reply(very unlike him) and thought it strange at the time.

My last conversation with him was as I was leaving after the Bolton match in Feb. He mentioned he'd seen my MAIDSTONE FTM flag hanging up and said I must be mad making that trip midweek. He gave me that smile of his, whished me a safe journey home the next day and said "I'll see you at Millwall" and he made his way back to his bus.

I spotted Zena and his dad at the game yesterday as they were 2 rows up and a few seats to my left and we exchanged friendly smiles and a wave....if we only knew.

I'll miss you Maximus lad and the kind words you always said, especially over the love I have for the Lads.

I know you'll be looking down on Saturday and in games to come. It would be great if the lads on this forum started a round of applause/ started chanting "Maximus, Maximus,Maximus....." at QPR next week on the 53rd minute in recognition of a dear friend and great member of this forum.

RIP LAD. I'll miss you FTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back