1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP @maximus

Discussion in 'Gone but not forgotten' started by horselover, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Botchie

Botchie Winger

Family flowers only. Any donations are going to Bradleys charity. At least some good will come out of it.
  2. horselover

horselover Winger

Cheers mate

Class that mate, not surprising but class

Just had this confirmed anarl mate, thanks again
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Botchie and HeaderDownBrown like this.
  3. 70s traveller

70s traveller Central Defender

Isn't it thought provoking how @Maximus has had such am effect on a group of people that have only known him from posts & responses on here. It demonstrates exactly how those of us that didn't know him personally have been upset by the shock of it and how much he'll be missed,
  4. janey

janey Striker Contributor

It’s remarkable really xx
  5. 70s traveller

70s traveller Central Defender

To be fair, I couldn't quite believe just how saddened I was when I found out. But obviously that's the effect it's had on a lot of people, as posts on here testify.
  6. EchoMan

EchoMan Midfield

Didn't know the lad but you get to know people by what they post on here - and he was one of the good guys.

I've waited till today to have time to read through all 36 pages and it's clear he was much loved.

7. CatRyan

CatRyan Striker

I was banned when this happened.

I was shocked to see this as it was only on the Friday I was reading his posts on the Millwall fixture as I was thinking about going.

A better fan will seldom be seen and a really lovely poster. My heart goes out to his family and friends x
  8. Sidewinder2

Sidewinder2 Winger

Holy shit just seen this RIP Fella
    horselover likes this.
  9. Pretty sure I will attend the crem if I can waggle time off.
    Dilligaf60 and horselover like this.
  10. I'm away all next week so unable to attend.
    horselover likes this.
  11. horselover

horselover Winger

Don't worry m8 he'd understand
    stephen cartwright likes this.
  12. ERIMUS1876

ERIMUS1876 Subs Bench

Very sad and unexpected news. The posts on this thread are a measure of the respect people have for "Maximus". The definitive loyal supporter who loved his club and will be watching down from The Roker End in the Sky. R.I.P.
  13. Unfortunately nee bugger will swap shifts with me, RIP Stevie give them hell upstairs
    horselover likes this.
  14. janey

janey Striker Contributor

Just put it in me diary at work as a private appointment :)
    Botchie and horselover like this.
  15. KENT-FTM

KENT-FTM Central Defender

I'm off Thursday and Friday next week.

I will do my very best to get the Wednesday off and travel up then.

I want to pay my respects to the old boy. Fingers crossed...if not I'll throw a sickie.
  16. dred

dred Winger

I don't know if you will be able to put your flag up;) that would tickle his fancy. :lol:
  17. KENT-FTM

I've just booked train and 2 night's B 'n'B.

Sod what my boss says, I'll be there. Booked myself on the 11.21am Grand Central Wednesday morning.

I'll bring my flag and hang it somewhere as it was one of the last things he said to me.

Maybe someone could mention to Zena I'll be bringing my flag and if I could hang it up in respect to the old boy:cool:
  18. horselover

horselover Winger

I will call at her house tomorrow and show her this reply mate. Not sure whether she'll be in but her parents should be
  19. KENT-FTM

Cheers marra. Appreciated
    thamesvalleyman and horselover like this.
  20. dred

dred Winger

I will look for it and hopefully meet you there.