RIP @maximus

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah mate. Sure.

As loads know I work in a local special needs school as a learning support assistant. We try to offer out of school experiences as well as a top experience of education in school too. I opted to try and sort a trip to watch the lads for 4 kids I thought would benefit & deserved a trip to watch a Premier league game (none of them had visited a football stadium before nevermind seen a match). I picked Hull at home in November 2016 and happened to reply to a roll call thread (iirc) and mentioned in passing that I wouldn't be in my usual spot because I was "working" and had tickets elsewhere in the ground. 4 lads without any prompting replied & offered to chip in for something for the bairns on the day. Maximus was one of those. Several PMs later and I had the money on me to take into the club shop on the day. The kids came out decked in red and white scarves & the green away kit which was on offer at the time & it didn't cost me nor the school a penny due to the generosity of 4 top lads from here. It was the afternoon the lights went out. Panic stations for the staff who had promised to return the kids home at a certain time. :lol: We won 3-0. The kids still wear the kits for after school football club & I regularly see them wearing the scarves too.

Didn't expect any sort of donation towards the day (we run these trips all the time and just spend what we can from the school budget) but the gesture (almost 2 years on) is still remembered & meant the World to 4 kids who had the time of their lives watching the lads in red and white! 3 goals!! Victor Anichebe ran wild that day and was unplayable. They all idolised Jermain Defoe and celebrated like we'd just beat the mags when he scored the first. :lol:

I won't name the other 3 lads because I feel that would be wrong in case they'd rather remain anonymous but they are all regular contributors to this place & needless to say are top lads too.

What a lovely, touching story.
Maximus was obviously a really nice bloke.

yeah mate. Sure.

As loads know I work in a local special needs school as a learning support assistant. We try to offer out of school experiences as well as a top experience of education in school too. I opted to try and sort a trip to watch the lads for 4 kids I thought would benefit & deserved a trip to watch a Premier league game (none of them had visited a football stadium before nevermind seen a match). I picked Hull at home in November 2016 and happened to reply to a roll call thread (iirc) and mentioned in passing that I wouldn't be in my usual spot because I was "working" and had tickets elsewhere in the ground. 4 lads without any prompting replied & offered to chip in for something for the bairns on the day. Maximus was one of those. Several PMs later and I had the money on me to take into the club shop on the day. The kids came out decked in red and white scarves & the green away kit which was on offer at the time & it didn't cost me nor the school a penny due to the generosity of 4 top lads from here. It was the afternoon the lights went out. Panic stations for the staff who had promised to return the kids home at a certain time. :lol: We won 3-0. The kids still wear the kits for after school football club & I regularly see them wearing the scarves too.

Didn't expect any sort of donation towards the day (we run these trips all the time and just spend what we can from the school budget) but the gesture (almost 2 years on) is still remembered & meant the World to 4 kids who had the time of their lives watching the lads in red and white! 3 goals!! Victor Anichebe ran wild that day and was unplayable. They all idolised Jermain Defoe and celebrated like we'd just beat the mags when he scored the first. :lol:

I won't name the other 3 lads because I feel that would be wrong in case they'd rather remain anonymous but they are all regular contributors to this place & needless to say are top lads too.
Lovely post.

RIP Maximus.

yeah mate. Sure.

Very nice read that mate. Nice gesture from all four of them and you too for taking time out to do stuff like that. You're a good lad.

yeah mate. Sure.

Excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back