RIP Lord Bath

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27897

I did check for a thread on this across multiple boards so apologies I haven't seen it.

What can I say, whilst it is heartbreaking for anyone's elderly relatives to die of the virus, if I might put it lightly this man seemed like a bit of a "character". RIP though.

He’s passed away, having being diagnosed with Covid-19

I remember seeing him in a restaurant near Twickenham about 15 years ago, he had 4 absolutely stunning early 20 something girls with him. I remember thinking he must have had money, then I found out who he was a shortly afterwards when we visitted Longleat.

Rest well fella, sounds like he lived a life and a half.

I was surprised when reminded how old he actually was - 87. He was a genuine eccentric but he was also 100% a showman. He must have been one of the very first who realised that if you wanted to save a massively expensive to maintain stately home you had to open it up and share it with the public. Which he did with great success.

He even seemed to enjoy doing it and he never appeared to avoid the cameras. That said I believe that he was also astute enough to realise when you are in the entertainment business you give the punters value for money.

Its very sad that like many others he has met his end under such circumstances.

Back