Rip Laputian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just wanted to point out that this thread has attracted over 15,000 views.

I think that says a lot.

Jesus!!!

Very intelligent and articulate chap from what I could tell.

Rest In Peace.

MODS

Can we put this into the Gold threads, please? Its not a masterpiece like some of those in Gold but it will create some sort of memorial for one of our best (if not the best) poster.

Thanks,

Tony

MODS

Can we put this into the Gold threads, please? Its not a masterpiece like some of those in Gold but it will create some sort of memorial for one of our best (if not the best) poster.

Thanks,

Tony

I think it should be a sticky for a week, so others find out the sad news, and can pay their respects.

Bit of a browser of this board, quite regularly, and Laputi@n's posts were always thought provoking and laden with a dark wit that made him highly readable.

Lost my own Dad when he was 55 - no age at all

RIP :cry:

I think it should be a sticky for a week, so others find out the sad news, and can pay their respects.
As time goes on, we have now lost a few significant board members.

I would like to see threads like these receive a sticky for a week, before being moved to an 'In memoriam' section.

As time goes on, we have now lost a few significant board members.

I would like to see threads like these receive a sticky for a week, before being moved to an 'In memoriam' section.

I agree, but people don't seem to be keen on cyber-mourning, as I discovered this morning.

His posts always stood out for their wit and intelligence.
He'll be sadly missed.

RIP.

I was away for the weekend and didn't have any news of Sean's passing until I turned on my computer yesterday evening and saw the thread that Andy originated on here, Andy had also sent me an e-mail on Sunday. I later learned that Sean's best marra, George, had tried to contact me on Sunday.

I was very upset last night and didn't feel like adding to this thread then.

Sean Hewitson was a marra of mine, not a close one, but a marra none the less. For a few seasons now I have met up with Sean, George and Andy (prior to last season when he had to give up his ST) for pre-match and half time craic about footy, music, politics and the world in general.

Sean was an intelligent guy with a wonderful, wicked sense of humour, well informed and a very warm human being. I've already missed his company this season, although messages have to'd and fro'd via George, now I'm just missing him. Sean was very positive for a long time about overcoming his illness and his attitude throughout was so very brave, but alas it was just not to be.

Fare thee well, marra, it was a privilege to know you.

I was away for the weekend and didn't have any news of Sean's passing until I turned on my computer yesterday evening and saw the thread that Andy originated on here, Andy had also sent me an e-mail on Sunday. I later learned that Sean's best marra, George, had tried to contact me on Sunday.

I was very upset last night and didn't feel like adding to this thread then.

Sean Hewitson was a marra of mine, not a close one, but a marra none the less. For a few seasons now I have met up with Sean, George and Andy (prior to last season when he had to give up his ST) for pre-match and half time craic about footy, music, politics and the world in general.

Sean was an intelligent guy with a wonderful, wicked sense of humour, well informed and a very warm human being. I've already missed his company this season, although messages have to'd and fro'd via George, now I'm just missing him. Sean was very positive for a long time about overcoming his illness and his attitude throughout was so very brave, but alas it was just not to be.

Fare thee well, marra, it was a privilege to know you.

Great post Corvus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back