Rip Laputian

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTR

Striker
Just wanted to point out that this thread has attracted over 15,000 views.

I think that says a lot.

G

Gizmo

Jesus!!!

Very intelligent and articulate chap from what I could tell.

Rest In Peace.

T

Tony

MODS

Can we put this into the Gold threads, please? Its not a masterpiece like some of those in Gold but it will create some sort of memorial for one of our best (if not the best) poster.

Thanks,

Tony

G

garydon

MODS

Can we put this into the Gold threads, please? Its not a masterpiece like some of those in Gold but it will create some sort of memorial for one of our best (if not the best) poster.

Thanks,

Tony
I think it should be a sticky for a week, so others find out the sad news, and can pay their respects.

H

Huddersfield Town fan

Bit of a browser of this board, quite regularly, and Laputi@n's posts were always thought provoking and laden with a dark wit that made him highly readable.

Lost my own Dad when he was 55 - no age at all

RIP :cry:

I think it should be a sticky for a week, so others find out the sad news, and can pay their respects.
As time goes on, we have now lost a few significant board members.

I would like to see threads like these receive a sticky for a week, before being moved to an 'In memoriam' section.

G

garydon

As time goes on, we have now lost a few significant board members.

I would like to see threads like these receive a sticky for a week, before being moved to an 'In memoriam' section.
I agree, but people don't seem to be keen on cyber-mourning, as I discovered this morning.

C

cipp

His posts always stood out for their wit and intelligence.
He'll be sadly missed.

RIP.

Corvus

Striker
I was away for the weekend and didn't have any news of Sean's passing until I turned on my computer yesterday evening and saw the thread that Andy originated on here, Andy had also sent me an e-mail on Sunday. I later learned that Sean's best marra, George, had tried to contact me on Sunday.

I was very upset last night and didn't feel like adding to this thread then.

Sean Hewitson was a marra of mine, not a close one, but a marra none the less. For a few seasons now I have met up with Sean, George and Andy (prior to last season when he had to give up his ST) for pre-match and half time craic about footy, music, politics and the world in general.

Sean was an intelligent guy with a wonderful, wicked sense of humour, well informed and a very warm human being. I've already missed his company this season, although messages have to'd and fro'd via George, now I'm just missing him. Sean was very positive for a long time about overcoming his illness and his attitude throughout was so very brave, but alas it was just not to be.

Fare thee well, marra, it was a privilege to know you.

I was away for the weekend and didn't have any news of Sean's passing until I turned on my computer yesterday evening and saw the thread that Andy originated on here, Andy had also sent me an e-mail on Sunday. I later learned that Sean's best marra, George, had tried to contact me on Sunday.

I was very upset last night and didn't feel like adding to this thread then.

Sean Hewitson was a marra of mine, not a close one, but a marra none the less. For a few seasons now I have met up with Sean, George and Andy (prior to last season when he had to give up his ST) for pre-match and half time craic about footy, music, politics and the world in general.

Sean was an intelligent guy with a wonderful, wicked sense of humour, well informed and a very warm human being. I've already missed his company this season, although messages have to'd and fro'd via George, now I'm just missing him. Sean was very positive for a long time about overcoming his illness and his attitude throughout was so very brave, but alas it was just not to be.

Fare thee well, marra, it was a privilege to know you.
Great post Corvus.

Status
Not open for further replies.