RIP Jose Padilla

Bit of a surprise that, saw him at Basics a long time ago, mixing wasn't required, tunes were class, not that I can remember any of them now!
RIP

First introduced to his music via Cafe del Mar 2.

Lived his first album and Mt car got broke into and got nicked and could never find it again to replace it.

Navigator was class Aswell

Saw him a couple of times at Del Mar 20 odd years ago, used to prefer it down there than the big clubs.

Adios Jose

A long time ago we went on holiday to Ibiza with the bairns. Mother in law went as well so Mrs TMTL and I were able to have some time on our own. We went to hear JP at the Cafe Del Mar...it was a brilliant evening. RIP.

Just having a few whiskeys now and listening to Souvenir, cracking album.

I'll have to try and find the essential mix one.

a terrible year, for losing true musical originators and artists

well worthy, of a read - for those replying on this thread

chris coco, hit the nail on the head, for me

'listening to jose playing this crazy range of music, making this really spiritual, magical atmosphere. i thought, wow this is the way to go with dj'ing - playing a soundtrack to nature - "god's own cinema", as we used to call it'.

a terrible year, for losing true musical originators and artists

well worthy, of a read - for those replying on this thread

chris coco, hit the nail on the head, for me

'listening to jose playing this crazy range of music, making this really spiritual, magical atmosphere. i thought, wow this is the way to go with dj'ing - playing a soundtrack to nature - "god's own cinema", as we used to call it'.

Cracking article and as you say nail on the head. Places like Ibiza would be fuck all without these guys creating the vibe that unfortunately seems to be getting lost along the way.

First time I went to Cafe del Mar I didn’t know who he was and asked him for a beermat, to which he obliged. Had some fantastic nights there watching him time his record to end as the sunset disappeared and a massive influence on music simply by playing things he liked. Legend and RIP.

First time I went to Cafe del Mar I didn’t know who he was and asked him for a beermat, to which he obliged. Had some fantastic nights there watching him time his record to end as the sunset disappeared and a massive influence on music simply by playing things he liked. Legend and RIP.

i loved this quote, from chris coco and it expands a little on what you've said mate (don't report me)

playing a soundtrack to nature - "god's own cinema"
some good reading

Last edited:

Back