RIP Brucey

Status
Not open for further replies.
An entertaining god and a kind wonderful man.

The generation game with anthea redfern was Saturday night telly for many :cool:

RIP
I'd forgotten about Anthea. Brucie married her after they had an affair. She was about 20 years younger than him, the dirty..........lucky bastard.:lol:

Every time I see an extremely distasteful, ill-timed comment, aimed at making some radical point or not, I look along to the poster and it is the same name - RestlessNative. Methinks the reason why you are so bitter at everyone is because they just happen to be everything you are not.

Sir Bruce had a commanding presence. He commanded a room. Everything he touched it turned to gold. Because he made you feel comfortable and at ease. He made you feel you were in good hands. He threw everything contained in his locker and knew every trick in the proverbial book to make the night a moment to remember for everyone. Be it the Royal Variety performances, game shows, HIGNFY or Strictly Come Dancing. Anything. He had just the humour for the occasion. For example I remember one semi-final of SCD he was watching a Salsa performed by Karen Hardy and Mark Ramprakash and the mic chord got stuck in Karen's dress. He rushed on and made everything alright. When a woman behind the scenes came on he was taken by surprise when he came from nowhere and said "Who are are you?". Then IIRC he encouraged the people to let them be given another go. Dissolving the rather embarrassing situation perfectly. No celeb now would have handled that situation as well.

I think we truly have lost a huge star. RIP Sir Bruce.

Countdown to ridicule in 5..4..3..2..1..

I remember Sir Bruce appearing on WDYTYA and traced his family over to the USA. I can't remember the precise details of the family member he traced but he died bankrupt and without a headstone to his grave. Sir Bruce met his American cousins for the first time, I got the impression they didn't know how big an entertainer he was in the UK. He won the family over with his charm and wit, and came across as a true gentleman. Before returning home he made sure his relative had a headstone put on his grave, his cousins could have done all this but Sir Bruce paid to have it done. It was quite moving his WDYTYA show and well worth a watch if available. RIP Sir Bruce Forsyth

Last edited:
Every time I see an extremely distasteful, ill-timed comment, aimed at making some radical point or not, I look along to the poster and it is the same name - RestlessNative. Methinks the reason why you are so bitter at everyone is because they just happen to be everything you are not.

Sir Bruce had a commanding presence. He commanded a room. Everything he touched it turned to gold. Because he made you feel comfortable and at ease. He made you feel you were in good hands. He threw everything contained in his locker and knew every trick in the proverbial book to make the night a moment to remember for everyone. Be it the Royal Variety performances, game shows, HIGNFY or Strictly Come Dancing. Anything. He had just the humour for the occasion. For example I remember one semi-final of SCD he was watching a Salsa performed by Karen Hardy and Mark Ramprakash and the mic chord got stuck in Karen's dress. He rushed on and made everything alright. When a woman behind the scenes came on he was taken by surprise when he came from nowhere and said "Who are are you?". Then IIRC he encouraged the people to let them be given another go. Dissolving the rather embarrassing situation perfectly. No celeb now would have handled that situation as well.

I think we truly have lost a huge star. RIP Sir Bruce.

Countdown to ridicule in 5..4..3..2..1..
Superb! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back