RIP Brucey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame and all that but was there any need for BBC One to stop for breaking news to announce it? The news is on at six. He managed 89 years, another 45 minutes isn't going to do any harm.

Imagine twisting because the BBC have decided to announce the death of one of their most famous employees on their main channel.

Shame and all that but was there any need for BBC One to stop for breaking news to announce it? The news is on at six. He managed 89 years, another 45 minutes isn't going to do any harm.
Never seen a "we interrupt this broadcast" for years. Used to love it when that happened, much more dramatic than sky and there tedious rolling news shite.

Easily one of the biggest and most well recognized icons of British Television for decades. There will be some on here who will have seen him on their screens for 40 and perhaps even 50 years and more, what a legend he was. RIP Brucie.

You are quite right it is a bit like the media ambulance chasing ... "We better break it now before the others do." .. sort of thing. But these days dignity always goes out of the window for the sake of a "story".

75 years in entertainment. Made a lot of people happy. Quite an achievement.
RIP sir Bruce.

You are quite right it is a bit like the media ambulance chasing ... "We better break it now before the others do." .. sort of thing. But these days dignity always goes out of the window for the sake of a "story".
Or maybe the BBC thought "hey he was on on channels for 40+ years and a massive entertainer in a lot of people's eyes maybe they won't be pissy about us interrupting a repeat of pointless for a few minutes" but I could be wrong, ohhh how many places on a monopoly board don't have the word Street in.

Last edited:
R.I.P Brucie.

My family were among the millions who used to tune in religiously on a Saturday night for the Generation game.

The worlds lost a true star.

Or maybe the BBC thought "hey he was on on channels for 40+ years and a massive entertainer in a lot of people's eyes maybe they won't be pissy about us interrupting a repeat of pointless for a few minutes" but I could be wrong, ohhh how many places on a monopoly board don't have the word Street in.
It suppose that it depends upon which version of the many monopoly boards you are thinking of .

Every time I see an extremely distasteful, ill-timed comment, aimed at making some radical point or not, I look along to the poster and it is the same name - RestlessNative. Methinks the reason why you are so bitter at everyone is because they just happen to be everything you are not.

Sir Bruce had a commanding presence. He commanded a room. Everything he touched it turned to gold. Because he made you feel comfortable and at ease. He made you feel you were in good hands. He threw everything contained in his locker and knew every trick in the proverbial book to make the night a moment to remember for everyone. Be it the Royal Variety performances, game shows, HIGNFY or Strictly Come Dancing. Anything. He had just the humour for the occasion. For example I remember one semi-final of SCD he was watching a Salsa performed by Karen Hardy and Mark Ramprakash and the mic chord got stuck in Karen's dress. He rushed on and made everything alright. When a woman behind the scenes came on he was taken by surprise when he came from nowhere and said "Who are are you?". Then IIRC he encouraged the people to let them be given another go. Dissolving the rather embarrassing situation perfectly. No celeb now would have handled that situation as well.

I think we truly have lost a huge star. RIP Sir Bruce.

Countdown to ridicule in 5..4..3..2..1..

Every time I see an extremely distasteful, ill-timed comment, aimed at making some radical point or not, I look along to the poster and it is the same name - RestlessNative. Methinks the reason why you are so bitter at everyone is because they just happen to be everything you are not.

Sir Bruce had a commanding presence. He commanded a room. Everything he touched it turned to gold. Because he made you feel comfortable and at ease. He made you feel you were in good hands. He threw everything contained in his locker and knew every trick in the proverbial book to make the night a moment to remember for everyone. Be it the Royal Variety performances, game shows, HIGNFY or Strictly Come Dancing. Anything. He had just the humour for the occasion. For example I remember one semi-final of SCD he was watching a Salsa performed by Karen Hardy and Mark Ramprakash and the mic chord got stuck in Karen's dress. He rushed on and made everything alright. When a woman behind the scenes came on he was taken by surprise when he came from nowhere and said "Who are are you?". Then IIRC he encouraged the people to let them be given another go. Dissolving the rather embarrassing situation perfectly. No celeb now would have handled that situation as well.

You loved Bruce m8. That comes across abundantly clear in your post.

A fine tribute.

Very poor man's Sammy Davis Jnr. Hollywood seen through him, as people like him are 10-a-penny over there.

Fantastic tribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back