Rioting in Derry last night claims a young life.

Any word on who shot her / why she was shot?
The New IRA have claimed responsibility for the killing.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Lyra McKee's family. :cry:

This has fuck all to do with Brexit/EU or other insane ramblings that Ive read here so far.

The IRA didn’t go away they just moved into other criminal activity. It always gets heated up in Derry around Easter.

The last few months though I’ve noticed much more pro IRA/PIRA graffiti sprayed around the city. Shame considering the investment and infrastructure changes around the city.
I've noticed this too. A lot more pro-IRA slogans appearing on social media. Brexit is just an excuse to rally up the old hatred.

Last edited:

There’s a video on Twitter which I’m not going to link to.

Can’t tell if they’re the ones shooting but the ones on the video sound like kids. Absolutely horrific.

It’s got fuck all to do with the EU you brainless pillock. Fuck off.

In Belfast in the 60s and 70s it was traditionally kids. Parents at home, backdoors open and kids picking up fire bombs and taking them up on top of buildings to throw. Martin McGuinness was very young when he got involved in that carry on. Was ranking in the IRA by the time he was 21 I think.

There have been enough shootings and bombings over there since the GFA and prior to Brexit to realise this is probably nowt to do with Brexit.
Some spenks will probably try to link the two though.

What a fcked up hate filled society

I am not condoning this I want to stress but this is actually getting ramped up because of the backstop stuff and GFA flouting.
I was extremely upset when this trend became apparent.

I am so scared this is where it is heading, I am sure it is going to be even worse than previous campaigns.

I'm only relieved my father isn't alive to see this.

Last edited:
She was in Derry to cover the rioting.
The rioting happened because the police were doing searches in the area, due to heightened activity by the real or the new IRA.
They have been ramping up activity since the GFA had been trampled.
It is unclear whether she was shot deliberately.
It seems likely not.
Shots had been fired off but not at anyone.
So they shot into the air and the bullet struck her when it came back to earth? What a whopper.
Rip. What a waste of life.

So they shot into the air and the bullet struck her when it came back to earth? What a whopper.
Rip. What a waste of life.
I didn’t realise until the other day how much of a bull shit fantasist she was.

I’ve seen a couple of videos of the incidents around the area. Pure scum bag charvas celebrating the shots going off.

The IRA never went away. The murdering scumbags just lay low for a while.

Our lasses mate lives in the street where the lass was shot. She put a pretty emotional post on Facebook this morning about it.

It's got fuck all to do with Brexit, fuck all to do with the marching season.

It's solely down to a bunch of bastards who have never wanted peace in my country.

The New IRA are trying to ramp up recruitment
Police searches are used as incitement by them to recruit a new wave of members.

The New IRA are trying to ramp up recruitment
Police searches are used as incitement by them to recruit a new wave of members.

Which has absolutely fuck all to do with anything else other than the fact they are bastards who never wanted peace since the ceasefire.

They've always been recruiting and using any excuse to kick things off again. Please don't try and tell someone born and raised in NI how it all works.

There’s a video on Twitter which I’m not going to link to.

Can’t tell if they’re the ones shooting but the ones on the video sound like kids. Absolutely horrific.

It’s got fuck all to do with the EU you brainless pillock. Fuck off.

It was, the guy with the black hood up against the fence bends down and fires two shots. You can hear the screams in the distance after the 2nd shot.

I didn’t realise until the other day how much of a bull shit fantasist she was.

I’ve seen a couple of videos of the incidents around the area. Pure scum bag charvas celebrating the shots going off.

The IRA never went away. The murdering scumbags just lay low for a while.

Our lasses mate lives in the street where the lass was shot. She put a pretty emotional post on Facebook this morning about it.
Aye mate. It’s the people on the outside looking in that don’t understand and get all fake upset because they listen to stories and read shite on the web. Not saying all of them are like that though.
I know there’s two sides to every story but these fantasists don’t realise that people are actually living this day in day out. And that some people are actually talking about personal experiences.
My heart goes out to all affected.

She's a WUM. Blaming Brexit and the GFA to defend this murder is disgusting. Even Republicans have condemned it as mindless.

I'm unhappy with Brexit and the hard border but I'm not rioting and shooting people.
Like I said to her before.
The Scottish went through hell with us as did most of Europe and they don’t plant bombs to kill or injure us.
I hope this does not escalate.
Her first post was ‘brexit’ il be honest it made me feel sick.

Back