Rio Olympics 2016 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

She has a genuine confirmed condition.
Disgrace how she is treat by the press

Put her in a race with other people with the same condition then, three of them in that race for a start. It's a disgrace that women have to compete with them and miss out on medals because they've got an unfair advantage.

Just watched Mo on Iplayer replay first thing without knowing the result. What a f***ing man he is. Brilliant stuff.

Not sure why done Aussie was commentating though - sounds like Cram and Foster were on the proper telly do not sure why the BBC switched it for Iplayer. I'm sure those two went mental.

Commentator said it was their strategy to front load the team with their best runners going first. Which backfired.

Chuffing yank propaganda strikes again. I watched the bewers' 4x400 and didn't even know we were third till I came on here as there was 100 percent focus on their team.

Any chance for us to get a couple more golds and equal 2010?
Joe Joyce only hope of gold. So at best we end up one behind in terms of golds.

He's guaranteed silver as got to final of men's super heavyweight boxing.

I still can not get over Tom Daley's abysmal performance in the diving semis. I watched the dives again this morning. It looked like he had been given a small dose of GHB. On the first dive he looked completely out of it. His eyes are only half open at the start. How can someone dive so well one day and so poorly the next? It is unprecedented.

Nobody is going to explain to me why Britain was disqualified from the 4x400 meters. In the face of increasing drugs testing pressures it seems that people are resorting to skullduggery to ensure the results they want. Another one that did not seem to get reported on even though it was completely blatant was in the women's foil semis. An Italian had a great match against a Tunisian in the first semi. In the second, it was two Russians, and the lower ranked competitor basically put up no fight until the last two points so it looked ok on the highlights reels. They clearly waived through the better of the two and more or less rested her for that match. The commentators kepts saying things like "Isn't this strange?" and "She seems very much out of sorts." They didn't say "This is a blatant fix" if though it was obviously was.

I think that this has been a much cleaner Olympics than the last few competitions. I think there are a lot more clean gold medal performances. If you factor out the likely drug cheats, I think Great Britain would be a lot closer to the US than they are, with the Chinese a long way behind. I do not trust anything the US gets on the track and field. I think their drugs cheating is effectively on the same level as Russia. It is probably not overly state sponsored, but it is state ignored. I don't trust anything Mo Farah or Ohuruogu are involved in, so I'd clip three medals off of us for that. I think Ennis should have had the gold in the heptathlon.

I have seen a lot of suspicious athletes who have not managed to win a medal. It has not been like the last two olympics where practically every track and field event looked like it had been won by a drugs cheat. I would say that maybe a quarter to a third look that way this time around.

She has more testosterone due to a condition she was born with and I'm sure nobody has been able to prove whether it actually helps her as other with the same condition aren't as dominant I their
When the max testosterone levels were set and hers reduced to compete she was six seconds slower than she is now. How is that not proof of advantage?

When the max testosterone levels were set and hers reduced to compete she was six seconds slower than she is now. How is that not proof of advantage?

Because the treatment might have other side affects that are causing a disadvantage

Last edited:
Because the treatment might have other side affects that are causing a disadvantage
Not nearly enough to offset the effects of testosterone. I feel sorry for her having to cope in life with her condition but it's unfair to have people with abnormally high levels of testosterone competing in female competitions

Exactly.

She has a genuine confirmed condition.
Disgrace how she is treat by the press
If females gave a high testosterone level they may be banned from competing. In 2015, the Court of Arbitration for Sport suspended the testosterone policy for two years.

Strange how there were three very manly looking people winning the women's 800 m.

If females gave a high testosterone level they may be banned from competing. In 2015, the Court of Arbitration for Sport suspended the testosterone policy for two years.

Strange how there were three very manly looking people winning the women's 800 m.

not quite, CAS knocked the entire policy on the head and gave the IAAF 2 years to appeal

Not nearly enough to offset the effects of testosterone. I feel sorry for her having to cope in life with her condition but it's unfair to have people with abnormally high levels of testosterone competing in female competitions

Aye but I mean even if the treatment slows her down they can't prove it's because of the testosterone even though it probably is.

I feel bad for her like. Aye it's unfair to the rest but people treat her worse than drug cheats and she's not at fault for it or even breaking any rules at the minute.

This should have been sorted out before Semenya became such a poster child for the condition because her whole life is now the subject of such unfair scrutiny.

Have we been too successful? Are we just showing off now?

Like when in Pride and Prejudice Mr Bennett said to his daughter who had to be dragged away from playing the piano in public, 'let the other young ladies have time to exhibit'.

I still can not get over Tom Daley's abysmal performance in the diving semis. I watched the dives again this morning. It looked like he had been given a small dose of GHB. On the first dive he looked completely out of it. His eyes are only half open at the start. How can someone dive so well one day and so poorly the next? It is unprecedented.

Nobody is going to explain to me why Britain was disqualified from the 4x400 meters. In the face of increasing drugs testing pressures it seems that people are resorting to skullduggery to ensure the results they want. Another one that did not seem to get reported on even though it was completely blatant was in the women's foil semis. An Italian had a great match against a Tunisian in the first semi. In the second, it was two Russians, and the lower ranked competitor basically put up no fight until the last two points so it looked ok on the highlights reels. They clearly waived through the better of the two and more or less rested her for that match. The commentators kepts saying things like "Isn't this strange?" and "She seems very much out of sorts." They didn't say "This is a blatant fix" if though it was obviously was.

I think that this has been a much cleaner Olympics than the last few competitions. I think there are a lot more clean gold medal performances. If you factor out the likely drug cheats, I think Great Britain would be a lot closer to the US than they are, with the Chinese a long way behind. I do not trust anything the US gets on the track and field. I think their drugs cheating is effectively on the same level as Russia. It is probably not overly state sponsored, but it is state ignored. I don't trust anything Mo Farah or Ohuruogu are involved in, so I'd clip three medals off of us for that. I think Ennis should have had the gold in the heptathlon.

I have seen a lot of suspicious athletes who have not managed to win a medal. It has not been like the last two olympics where practically every track and field event looked like it had been won by a drugs cheat. I would say that maybe a quarter to a third look that way this time around.

Someone needs a Cadbury's Caramel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back