Rio Ferdinand

Ashley is running nufc like a business for sure, free sports direct advertising and only buying youngish players within a modest transfer outlay most seasons

What of course is never mentioned is the world record transfer spent after their latest relegation a few years ago , about £55m or so . Ashley took a big risk, and gambled a lot on Rafa that close season

Ashley is running nufc like a business for sure, free sports direct advertising and only buying youngish players within a modest transfer outlay most seasons

What of course is never mentioned is the world record transfer spent after their latest relegation a few years ago , about £55m or so . Ashley took a big risk, and gambled a lot on Rafa that close season
Did he fuck.

You are full of bollocks.
There was no world record transfer.
He risked none of his own money to buy players to take us back up. He cashed in a number of players, gave some of the proceeds to Benitez to spend, and trousered the rest for himself.
Are you financially stable?

The way you lot go on is embarrassing and I say that as a Newcastle resident with the majority of my mates being mags.

The state you’d be in it wasn’t for Ashley man ffs

Are you financially stable?

The way you lot go on is embarrassing and I say that as a Newcastle resident with the majority of my mates being mags.

The state you’d be in it wasn’t for Ashley man ffs
What do you expect people to do? Are we supposed to sit there and accept the situation? We have an owner who is preying on the loyalty of the fans to line his own pockets. It's glaringly obvious and has been for some time that the squad is not strong enough. I'm not suggesting that he bankrolls them. However he should be prepared to at least release funds that are coming into the club to improve the team. If he doesn't want to do that then why is he involved in football?

What do you expect people to do? Are we supposed to sit there and accept the situation? We have an owner who is preying on the loyalty of the fans to line his own pockets. It's glaringly obvious and has been for some time that the squad is not strong enough. I'm not suggesting that he bankrolls them. However he should be prepared to at least release funds that are coming into the club to improve the team. If he doesn't want to do that then why is he involved in football?

The club still owes him £180m off the interest free loan he gave it to help stop it going into liquidation right?

How is he lining his own pockets? Through free advertising?
In the last set of accounts you made a loss and he put more money in to cover some of that.
Maybe he is trying to get some of the £140m ish the club owes him back before he sells, which is what the fans want.
There never seems to be any balance in any debate about Ashley he has done some good things and some bad.

If you owned a club would you give a manager who isn't committed to being there next season and has a sketchy at best transfer record with you a shit load of money? What if the players he bought weren't what the manager for next season wanted?? Whatever you think of Ashley he is doing the sensible thing and the best thing to tempt a decent manager in to replace Rafa, if he can't keep you up with what he has I am afraid he is just poor and his mega defensive tactics have backfired.

You are full of bollocks.
There was no world record transfer.
He risked none of his own money to buy players to take us back up. He cashed in a number of players, gave some of the proceeds to Benitez to spend, and trousered the rest for himself.

Benitez spent c£55m in total in the summer in between relegation and championship, no club has ever spent more after relegation I believe

Benitez spent c£55m in total in the summer in between relegation and championship, no club has ever spent more after relegation I believe

Ah, yeah, see, but it doesn't count because it was money earned from player sales so it wasn't really real money and Mike just used it to buy loads of pasties instead and Raffa was dead sad.

Back