Ring Doorbells

Are they easy to set up?
Piece of piss, mine took 5 minutes to fit, 5 minutes to connect to wifi and it was up and running. Mind, Ring have just upped the yearly sub if you want recordings stored by a tenner a year. It's useful having the recordings although you don't have to have the subscription, but it's a comfort to see recorded video if anyone is mooching around in the middle of the night, or to catch the wife coming home pissed up and unable to get the key in the door.

My brother put one up about 2/3 weeks ago after getting it as a Christmas present (lazy bastard) and I take great pleasure in being a helmet every time I pass his (lives 2 min walk away)

I can imagine that some neighbours may complain if they think their privacy is being impinged on and if so would they have a case?
I'm under the impression that you can set the recording parameters that may alleviate any concerns though?

Might have a place if you have a problem with nonsense going on. But where I live there is little nonsense, one scrote gets sent down and the towns burglaries drop by 20%.

Bloke on my street got one when they first came out.

Apparently he went on and on about it, so one of his mates finished work late and dress up like a cartoon robber (complete with a bag marked "loot") and set the thing off randomly every night for a week.

We were given a free google nest so bought the google nest doorbell. We didn’t have a conventional wired doorbell and tried a few other wireless doorbell’s previously which were all shit.
It does face recognition which I like. Spend a lot of time in our back courtyard so a traditional bell isn’t that effective either so this type of tech is great for us.

I can imagine that some neighbours may complain if they think their privacy is being impinged on and if so would they have a case?
I'm under the impression that you can set the recording parameters that may alleviate any concerns though?
Flip side my neighbour asked me to spread the coverage so it covered the area outside of our houses after she got ripped off by a hermes delivery man saying he left a parcel when in all probability to put it on the step pictured it then put it back in his van.

Back