Rightmove Voyeurism

MLF fan lives here I imagine

I really like that. I like the wood, stone and colour too. It looks like a home, where as a few of the modernised places are just white/grey, empty and cold.

The mezzanine dressing room on the master bedroom seems like a waste of space, but I think if it were my place, I'd stick a sofa or two up there and have a nice quiet mini-living room where you can hide away with a book. No TV and no kids in it.

I really like that. I like the wood, stone and colour too. It looks like a home, where as a few of the modernised places are just white/grey, empty and cold.

The mezzanine dressing room on the master bedroom seems like a waste of space, but I think if it were my place, I'd stick a sofa or two up there and have a nice quiet mini-living room where you can hide away with a book. No TV and no kids in it.

Yeah found that dressing room a bit strange

Yeah found that dressing room a bit strange
Looking at it again, it is also odd that it is nearly £600k and there are no external shots from the back. No sign it has any garden at all. It is often a sign when estate agents do that.

When I was looking for a house, we were in the 3 bed semi sort of market then found one that was 5 bed. Ok they had split a large bedroom in two but that still made two fair sized bedrooms and then had converted some loft space into a study. It had a fair sized kitchen, and the utility room was off the kitchen from a big open arch and had the same units, so was pretty much a large extension to the kitchen. It all looked great, more than we thought we would be able to get on our budget. And then we stepped out into the back garden and it was tiny. A small shed, a row of horrible laylandii pines across the back and a small circle of grass. We wanted a decent sized garden to do a veg patch, space for the dog and kids to run etc. Took one look at it, shrugged and left. We would not have wasted the owners time if we had seen that on a picture.

Looking at it again, it is also odd that it is nearly £600k and there are no external shots from the back. No sign it has any garden at all. It is often a sign when estate agents do that.

When I was looking for a house, we were in the 3 bed semi sort of market then found one that was 5 bed. Ok they had split a large bedroom in two but that still made two fair sized bedrooms and then had converted some loft space into a study. It had a fair sized kitchen, and the utility room was off the kitchen from a big open arch and had the same units, so was pretty much a large extension to the kitchen. It all looked great, more than we thought we would be able to get on our budget. And then we stepped out into the back garden and it was tiny. A small shed, a row of horrible laylandii pines across the back and a small circle of grass. We wanted a decent sized garden to do a veg patch, space for the dog and kids to run etc. Took one look at it, shrugged and left. We would not have wasted the owners time if we had seen that on a picture.

Yeah id imagine they will sway towards getting people in to view rather than show any potential issues that might keep people away.

This was on Grand Designs and has just sold. It is an absolute steal at the price it went for, but had been on much higher. The blokes who did it spent just about as much doing it up nearly 10 years ago.

i remember that one, always thought it was a strange (brave) renno to take on.

i remember that one, always thought it was a strange (brave) renno to take on.
A lot of them on there are just ridiculous vanity projects and the people doing it are complete wankers but I actually liked this one.

There was another old rerun one this week who bought a Lloyds bank building in Cornwall for £50,000 and spent £350,000 doing it up and it was just superb. When you think there are 4 bed cardboard box new builds going for the same money.

Back