Rightmove Voyeurism

Last edited by a moderator:

Looking for a 2 bed holiday home either cottage or flat in Northumberland
Would love to be in Beadnel but very expensive budget around 150k
Anyone recommend any good locations and current properties on the market
Not on the coast, but right on your budget. Opposite Barter Books.

Girl I used to work with who moved to Canada has just put her flat up for sale.

Nice views.
That realtors website is awful though.

Saw a programme on v late at night (or v early in morning) about people buying places in Toronto, looks an amazing place. Water front views were stunning and then there were some beautiful parks, having never been on my radar before it's certainly got my interest now if the euro millions pop in tonight 🤞

Predator!
One thing I’ve noticed about that and a lot of the other big houses on here, is how empty they are. Bedrooms are a prime example. So many of the ones I see are massive rooms, the size of 2 or 3 bedrooms in my house and they have a double bed in them. Nothing else. Huge living rooms, and you have sofas and a TV. A study, empty with one desk in the middle. Sometimes it will have a computer on, and that is it.

Where are people’s stuff? I know they have more cupboard space, but I look around my living room and we have shelves with ornaments, books, pictures and all the odd bits or stuff you have about like a couple of torches, binoculars, rubiks cubes, xbox controllers, etc. The desk in my study has a set of little draws with lots of things in them. When we looked around this house, I looked at the stairs, they go half way up, have this half landing where they turn 180 degrees and go up again. I remember saying to my wife that it would be ideal to get some quite chunky wood and build a bookcase on that landing. We did, it is full of a mix of books of all shapes and colours. I think it is one of the nicest features in this house.

What do the people in these empty houses lacking in a single book do? They buy book wall paper.

Where are people’s stuff? I know they have more cupboard space, but I look around my living room and we have shelves with ornaments, books, pictures and all the odd bits or stuff you have about like a couple of torches, binoculars, rubiks cubes, xbox controllers, etc. The desk in my study has a set of little draws with lots of things in them. When we looked around this house, I looked at the stairs, they go half way up, have this half landing where they turn 180 degrees and go up again. I remember saying to my wife that it would be ideal to get some quite chunky wood and build a bookcase on that landing. We did, it is full of a mix of books of all shapes and colours. I think it is one of the nicest features in this house.

What do the people in these empty houses lacking in a single book do? They buy book wall paper.

Start a “SMB Celebrity Through the Keyhole” thread Dave.

Also who'd just have a shower without either also going to the toilet or brushing teeth? Have to do that in another bathroom - that has a shower.
Me. Always have a shower after exercise. Don't need to do owt else other than dry myself after. We have one in our bedroom in a little alcove. Really handy when you want to be quiet from the test of the house aswell.

One thing I’ve noticed about that and a lot of the other big houses on here, is how empty they are. Bedrooms are a prime example. So many of the ones I see are massive rooms, the size of 2 or 3 bedrooms in my house and they have a double bed in them. Nothing else. Huge living rooms, and you have sofas and a TV. A study, empty with one desk in the middle. Sometimes it will have a computer on, and that is it.

Down here at the top end of the market £10m+ these houses are “dressed”. A “dressing” consultant comes in to big empty unoccupied recently developed houses in the SE and brings in beds, gymn, home cinemas, sofas, lamps, art, rugs, cushions, etc etc. To make it look like someone else’s idea of heaven.
The buyers can then buy the place with all, without all or with some of the stuff included in the price. Doesn’t matter to the dresser or seller which the buyer chooses as the stuffs cost is sneakily included in the “naked” asking price anyway. If they don’t want any of the stuff they’ve already paid for it and the dressers take it away to use on their next assignment. If they do want it they’re paying for it twice.

Last edited:
Down here at the top end of the market £10m+ these houses are “dressed”. A “dressing” consultant comes in to big empty unoccupied recently developed houses in the SE and brings in beds, gymn, home cinemas, sofas, lamps, art, rugs, cushions, etc etc. To make it look like someone else’s idea of heaven.
The buyers can then buy the place with all, without all or with some of the stuff included in the price. Doesn’t matter to the dresser or seller which the buyer chooses as the stuffs cost is sneakily included in the “naked” asking price anyway. If they don’t want any of the stuff they’ve already paid for it and the dressers take it away to use on their next assignment. If they do want it they’re paying for it twice.
Cheers, that makes more sense.

I wonder if that is becoming common for a lot of homes in the £1m bracket. It was noticing loads of huge but empty rooms that prompted my post. Seems a nice little earner for estate agent dressers though.

A previous landlady my son had did that in student lets. When he viewed it, there were vases of silk flowers, pictures on the walls, ornaments, a made up bed etc. Then when he moved in, it was all gone! She just puts stuff out for the advert pictures so it looks better than plain rooms and a bare mattress.

Cheers, that makes more sense.

I wonder if that is becoming common for a lot of homes in the £1m bracket. It was noticing loads of huge but empty rooms that prompted my post. Seems a nice little earner for estate agent dressers though.
I’ve just helped a mate do it for his 140k semi detached house

Over a million dollars and a 70s kitchenette. Not even a kitchen. PASS.

Logon or register to see this image

Back