Rightmove Voyeurism

internally its not my taste, love the space outside however I would want a swimming pool for that kind of money
A big place (picture 7 is horrible like) but over £3m seems a lot for Washington, or generally you would expect some annex buildings for that. By comparison, I'd rather go for:
at less than £700k
Or Chiltern Moor at less than half the price:

Interesting they say Washington is in Durham.

I know. Who watches BBC news in the bath???
I did notice that all the rooms have a TV in them.
When I moved into my house, they had had TVs in every room along with a phone in each. They had the main outdoor aerial along with 3 others in the loft. There was then various sets of splitters and coax running everywhere. I'm a bit anal about tidy cabling, and this lot had lengths of cable just sticking out of ceilings or in one case coming through the upstairs toilet ceiling, behind the wall paper then out through a hole in the floor to hang lose from the kitchen ceiling. The phones were pretty much the same, only they had splitters everwhere and really shit broadband. Once I ripped that out and went to one phone socket, I doubled the speed.

It is like some people can't survive in rooms without a TV and phone. We have one TV in the living room and that is it.

Interesting they say Washington is in Durham.

The part of Washington that house is in is part of Durham council so the people that live there stick Durham in their address because they think it sounds posher than Washington. One resident from there rang up the delivery office a few years ago demanding for her postcode to be changed to a DH one.

Last edited:
The part of Washington that house is in is part of Durham council so the people that live there stick Durham in their address because they think it sounds posher than Washington. One resident from there rang up the delivery office a few years ago demanding for her postcode to be changed to a DH one.
Ah, I didn’t realise that. It is funny how people get a bit obsessed about postcodes these days. Loads of talk in the ‘Is Washington in Sunderland thread’. You also see people say things like ‘snow in SR6 but nowt in SR5 yet’. I think people just want to be like cockneys. It was always a London and postman thing until a few years ago, while everyone else used place names.

I did notice that all the rooms have a TV in them.
When I moved into my house, they had had TVs in every room along with a phone in each. They had the main outdoor aerial along with 3 others in the loft. There was then various sets of splitters and coax running everywhere. I'm a bit anal about tidy cabling, and this lot had lengths of cable just sticking out of ceilings or in one case coming through the upstairs toilet ceiling, behind the wall paper then out through a hole in the floor to hang lose from the kitchen ceiling. The phones were pretty much the same, only they had splitters everwhere and really shit broadband. Once I ripped that out and went to one phone socket, I doubled the speed.

It is like some people can't survive in rooms without a TV and phone. We have one TV in the living room and that is it.

We've got a modest 40" Samsung downstairs in the living room and a 25" upstairs in the bedroom for Saturday / Sunday mornings if we are feeling lazy, that's pretty much all it gets used.

Back