Rightmove Voyeurism

If I'm paying a million quid for a house in the ne it'd better be a Palace
Bollocks to buying one up there. Rent up there and rent out down here and live off the difference plus wages/pension. Savings untouched and down here property increases in value. Sorted.
Once you’ve left the SE you’ll nivver move back into a like for like for buttons.

Clearly needs finishing off and this is only the starting bid, but why so cheap.....?

Viewed this just before Christmas. Riddled with land and ownership issues. The attached conservatory and 1990's structure to the right of the hall were owned by another company who went bust and they were recently in an auction in Glasgow (not too sure if sold). The actual hall has its red line boundary on its gable. The power and sewerage for all 3 buildings are shared via the hall.
Would cost about £2m plus to get it back to somewhere near it's original state as it is listed via the national park authority. They are currently experiencing issues with vandalism outside the hall.
Only real use would be a hotel or holiday apartments as the whole remainder of the site has lodges or hotel on it. But it is a stunning building.

Viewed this just before Christmas. Riddled with land and ownership issues. The attached conservatory and 1990's structure to the right of the hall were owned by another company who went bust and they were recently in an auction in Glasgow (not too sure if sold). The actual hall has its red line boundary on its gable. The power and sewerage for all 3 buildings are shared via the hall.
Would cost about £2m plus to get it back to somewhere near it's original state as it is listed via the national park authority. They are currently experiencing issues with vandalism outside the hall.
Only real use would be a hotel or holiday apartments as the whole remainder of the site has lodges or hotel on it. But it is a stunning building.
Bump. To make it easier to find at work tomorrow when telling the lads why I’m considering gannin hyem. I’m not btw.

Clearly needs finishing off and this is only the starting bid, but why so cheap.....?

Went on holiday there every year until I was 14. Billiards champion in my final year, shame I lost the pen I won as a prize. :lol:
Always one of those places you think you would buy if you had the money but it does sound like a nightmare.
Just to the left of the boundary was a croquet lawn and another just the other side of the boundary.
The left hand bit where the lodges are were a cricket pitch and pavilion. To the right of the main hall was a putting green and my geography is a bit off but I think the green rectangle is the tennis courts.
Also used to be a squash court.
Curious as to what the random piece of land is.
Would be very odd not having the conservatory as part of the building and the bit on the left is the 'modern' extension from the eighties.
Find it fascinating but it's potentially a nostalgic money pit.
Logon or register to see this image

I viewed it either last year or the year before.....the holiday park was up for sale aswell and I was interested in taking it over. There was quite alot of local opposition from those who had bought the lodges with the guy who owned it.....think he was from down the Midlands and had a dodgy rep.
Anyway as you say there were multiply issues.....shame as its a nice location.

Check out this commercial property on Rightmove!

After a little bit of digging the other bit, but oddly it never appeared in the auction catalogue or during the auction itself. As you state @JJH perhaps some dodgy dealings may have gone on.
I remember driving up there to view the lodges and being greeted with homemade signs warning potential buyers not to be sucked in by the sales particulars. I phoned a number on one of them and spoke to a guy who filled me in on everything which I then passed to the selling agent who then pulled out of trying to sell it.
Very fishy

staying in one of them in March

Back